Dear Peter, On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 21:31, Peter Hedwig wrote: > Dear all, > > I hope you don't mind that I reply to all but the ntg-context list (not > subscribed, but feel free to forward the mail). I included the list again, together with zipped attachments (te remain under the size limit). > Am Montag, 15. November 2010 schrieb Mojca Miklavec: > >> Apart from that ... I was working with Peter Hedwig on the ConTeXt >> part of his lua/TikZ terminal (that has already been included in >> gnuplot). We got it running, with some issues like general font >> loading scheme, but the work was never polished to the end (stalled at >> some point). We could revive that thread as well. > > I am sorry, that it stalled a bit, but I worked on it secretly ;) But now I > think it is time to release what is done so far to anyone who is willing to > test it. Attached is my most recent dev. version of lua.trm and the > gnuplot-tikz.lua script. Wow! What a nice surprize!!! > Here is a brief list of changes to the gnuplot CVS version: > > * support for ConTeXt and plain TeX Hurray! Thanks a lot. > * removed dependencies for LaTeX packages other than TikZ > * needs TikZ Version >= 2.0 > * better support for saving terminal options with gnuplot 'save' command > * fixed "overflow" on negative coordinates that are outside of the crop box > * merged all recent patched from murphy-md and Ethan > > Unfortunately it is the Context output that does not compile with the most > recent Context version I installed from TeXLive 2010 and the > http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010/ repository. But I remember it working > with an older version so I hope this can be fixed easily ... I'm almost sure that this has to do with the fact that TikZ is broken with respect to ConTeXt MKIV since 2009, but it has only been revealed publically since a recent update of TikZ (a month or two ago). In ConTeXt distribution we have frozen the updates of TikZ more than a year ago, waiting for the patch to be included upstream ... I have sent a working patch, but Till somehow left the project and I will try some luck again convincing the others to patch it. > To generate the style files and wrapper for the various TeX flavors just > type > > lua gnuplot-tikz.lua style > > on the command line. The files generated should be > > t-gnuplot-lua-tikz.tex (Context wrapper) > gnuplot-lua-tikz.tex (plain TeX wrapper) > gnuplot-lua-tikz.sty (LaTeX wrapper) > gnuplot-lua-tikz-common.tex (commmon definitions) > > and can be copied to the appropriate places. > > lua gnuplot-tikz.lua help > > prints the terminal help on stdout and > lua gnuplot-tikz.lua termhelp > gnuplot-tikz.help > generates the version to be included in gnuplot. > > Feedback and patches welcome! I will test and report back. Thanks again, Mojca