* Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30  8:05 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I want to use Computer Modern Unicode fonts in my document. I made a
link from $TEXLIVE2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode to
$CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/opentype/public but couldn't get CM-U
font in the document. What should I do to use them?

I'm using MkIV.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

[-- Attachment #2: ex_ru.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: ru_li2.tex --]

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30  8:14 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-09-30  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is probably due to the fact that Context MKIV uses a database for its info on fonts. I would suggest, that you copy the font from TeXlive directly into the tree where the minimals reside an run "context --generate" to update the database.

Willi

@ 2010-09-30  8:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-9-2010 10:05, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to use Computer Modern Unicode fonts in my document. I made a
> link from $TEXLIVE2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode to
> $CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/opentype/public but couldn't get CM-U
> font in the document. What should I do to use them?

you have to make typescript for them as they are not supported out of
the box; we use lm fonts (which are unicode)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30  8:40   ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-09-30  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:34:36AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 30-9-2010 10:05, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> >Hi.
> >
> >I want to use Computer Modern Unicode fonts in my document. I made a
> >link from $TEXLIVE2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode to
> >$CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/opentype/public but couldn't get CM-U
> >font in the document. What should I do to use them?
>
> you have to make typescript for them as they are not supported out
> of the box; we use lm fonts (which are unicode)

LM have no Cyrillic, but CM-U have, and I think that is why he wants to
use them, and IMHO it deserves including a typescript for it and may be
including the fonts in minimals too since there seem not to be any
Cyrillic CM fonts there.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30  9:00     ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

2010/9/30 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org>:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:34:36AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 30-9-2010 10:05, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> >Hi.
>> >
>> >I want to use Computer Modern Unicode fonts in my document. I made a
>> >link from $TEXLIVE2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode to
>> >$CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/opentype/public but couldn't get CM-U
>> >font in the document. What should I do to use them?
>>
>> you have to make typescript for them as they are not supported out
>> of the box; we use lm fonts (which are unicode)
>
> LM have no Cyrillic, but CM-U have, and I think that is why he wants to
> use them, and IMHO it deserves including a typescript for it and may be
> including the fonts in minimals too since there seem not to be any
> Cyrillic CM fonts there.
Yes, exactly. CM-U has Cyrillic while LM not.
And I fount 'type-cmu.mkiv' but couldn't get it to work.

@Willi:
VL> Not sure about how 'context --generate'' works but I didn't that. May
VL> be it doesn't like links?

I meant that I ran (several times) 'context --generate' after I made a
link to cm-unicode.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30  9:02     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-9-2010 10:40, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:34:36AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 30-9-2010 10:05, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I want to use Computer Modern Unicode fonts in my document. I made a
>>> link from $TEXLIVE2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode to
>>> $CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/opentype/public but couldn't get CM-U
>>> font in the document. What should I do to use them?
>>
>> you have to make typescript for them as they are not supported out
>> of the box; we use lm fonts (which are unicode)
>
> LM have no Cyrillic, but CM-U have, and I think that is why he wants to
> use them, and IMHO it deserves including a typescript for it and may be
> including the fonts in minimals too since there seem not to be any
> Cyrillic CM fonts there.

If these are the huge traced cm supers I'd rather not have them in the
minimals but as extra as they consume a log of space.

If it's just cyrillic .. maybe it's more interesting to use fallbacks,
given that we have a cyrillic only variant available for that (there are
type ones as we have support for the t2* encodings in mkii).

Btw, one of the reasons why lm/gyre have no cyrillic (or had cyrilic
removed) is that in spit of all efforts to locate people, no one is
willing to check them and do some quality control. It has been discussed
before: if there is a group of volunteers the glyphs might show up again
in the fonts.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30  9:18       ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-09-30  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 06:00:37PM +0900, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> VL> Not sure about how 'context --generate'' works but I didn't that. May
> VL> be it doesn't like links?
>
> I meant that I ran (several times) 'context --generate' after I made a
> link to cm-unicode.

You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font
database.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30  9:36       ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.
2010/9/30 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> If these are the huge traced cm supers I'd rather not have them in the
> minimals but as extra as they consume a log of space.
No, it's otf fonts. For reference you could see this branch:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/cm-unicode/fonts/otf/

> If it's just cyrillic .. maybe it's more interesting to use fallbacks, given
> that we have a cyrillic only variant available for that (there are type ones
> as we have support for the t2* encodings in mkii).
It's not the only way to get Cyrillic as any other language in ConTeXt.

> Btw, one of the reasons why lm/gyre have no cyrillic (or had cyrilic
> removed) is that in spit of all efforts to locate people, no one is willing
> to check them and do some quality control. It has been discussed before: if
> there is a group of volunteers the glyphs might show up again in the fonts.
If I not mistake part of work in cm-super was done by Vladimir
Volovich (or whole work?).

So, I should ask Wolfgang Schuster (author of type-cmu.mkiv) what
could be wrong with the document? May be I do completely wrong with
that typescript?

Khaled Hosny == KH:

KH>You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font database.
I tried. Without success.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30  9:45         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-9-2010 11:18, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 06:00:37PM +0900, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> VL>  Not sure about how 'context --generate'' works but I didn't that. May
>> VL>  be it doesn't like links?
>>
>> I meant that I ran (several times) 'context --generate' after I made a
>> link to cm-unicode.
>
> You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font
> database.

the database is not needed when filenames are used

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30 11:09           ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.
2010/9/30 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> On 30-9-2010 11:18, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 06:00:37PM +0900, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.

>>> May
>>>
>>> I meant that I ran (several times) 'context --generate' after I made a
>>> link to cm-unicode.
>>
>> You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font
>> database.
>
> the database is not needed when filenames are used
Ok. Suppose that I place in currect directory the file 'type-cmu.mkiv'
(attached, sorry Wolfgang, I don't mention in the file that I changed
it, I need it for test only) and run as usual
$ context ex_ru.tex
(and I also change '\usetypescriptfile' to '\usetypefile' because then
I see in terminal output that local 'type-cmu.mkiv' is used) but again
I don't get CM-U fonts.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

[-- Attachment #2: type-cmu.mkiv --]

%D \module
%D   [       file=type-cmu,
%D        version=2008.12.04,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Typescript Macros,
%D       subtitle=Computer Modern Unicode Collection,
%D         author=Wolfgang Schuster,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright=Wolfgang Schuster]
%C
%C Copyright 2009 Wolfgang Schuster.
%C This file may be distributed under the GNU General Public License v. 2.0.

\starttypescript [serif,sans,mono] [computer-modern-unicode]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSerif-Regular]             [file:cmunrm]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSerif-Italic]              [file:cmunti]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSerif-Slanted]             [file:cmunsl]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSerif-Bold]                [file:cmunbx]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSerif-BoldItalic]          [file:cmunbi]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMSUerif-BoldNonextended]     [file:cmunrb]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMSUerif-BoldSlanted]         [file:cmunbl]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [SMCSerif-ExtraBold]           [file:cmunrm]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMSUerif-UprightItalic]       [file:cmunui]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSans-Regular]              [file:cmunss]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSans-Italic]               [file:cmunsi]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSans-Bold]                 [file:cmunsx]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSans-BoldItalic]           [file:cmunso]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUSans-Condensed]            [file:cmunssdc] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-Light]          [file:cmunbtl]  [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-LightSlanted]   [file:cmunbto]  [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-Regular]        [file:cmuntt]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-Italic]         [file:cmunit]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-Slanted]        [file:cmunst]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-Bold]           [file:cmuntb]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-BoldItalic]     [file:cmuntx]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-Variable]       [file:cmunvt]   [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUTypewriter-VariableItalic] [file:cmunvi]   [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [cmu-bright]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUBright-Roman]          [file:cmunbmr] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUBright-Italic]         [file:cmunbmo] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUBright-Bold]           [file:cmunbbx] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUBright-BoldItalic]     [file:cmunbxo] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUBright-SemiBold]       [file:cmunbsr] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUBright-SemiBoldItalic] [file:cmunbso] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [cmu-classical]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUClassicalSerif-Italic] [file:cmunci] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [cmu-concrete]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUConcrete-Roman]      [file:cmunorm] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUConcretei-Ialic]     [file:cmunoti] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUConcrete-Bold]       [file:cmunobx] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [CMUConcrete-BoldItalic] [file:cmunobi] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\endinput

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 11:12             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-9-2010 1:09, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi.
> 2010/9/30 Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>:

>>> You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font
>>> database.
>>
>> the database is not needed when filenames are used
> Ok. Suppose that I place in currect directory the file 'type-cmu.mkiv'
> (attached, sorry Wolfgang, I don't mention in the file that I changed
> it, I need it for test only) and run as usual
> $ context ex_ru.tex
> (and I also change '\usetypescriptfile' to '\usetypefile' because then
> I see in terminal output that local 'type-cmu.mkiv' is used) but again
> I don't get CM-U fonts.

how does your test file look

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30 11:18               ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans.

2010/9/30 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> how does your test file look
Ok. Second shoot :)

[file name="ex_ru.tex"]
%\usetypescriptfile[cmu]
\usetypefile[cmu]
\setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode, rm, 10pt]

\mainlanguage[ru]

\starttext
\input ru_li2.tex
\stoptext
[/file]

The ru_li2.tex is attached (text borrowed from ru.wikipedia.ru, about
Alexandrov P.S. mathematician)

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

[-- Attachment #2: ru_li2.tex --]

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 11:24           ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-09-30 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:45:15AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 30-9-2010 11:18, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 06:00:37PM +0900, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> >>Hi.

> >>I meant that I ran (several times) 'context --generate' after I made a
> >>link to cm-unicode.
> >
> >You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font
> >database.
>
> the database is not needed when filenames are used

But type-cmu.mkiv is loading fonts by name: not file:

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 11:43             ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Khaled.

2010/9/30 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org>:
[...]
>> >You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font
>> >database.
>>
>> the database is not needed when filenames are used
>
> But type-cmu.mkiv is loading fonts by name: not file:
I modify type-cmu.mkiv to use 'file:' syntax (extension should be
avoided in order to context find OTF fonts, as I understand) and
posted it eariler.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 12:00                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-9-2010 1:18, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi Hans.
>
> 2010/9/30 Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>:
>
>> how does your test file look
> Ok. Second shoot :)
>
> [file name="ex_ru.tex"]
> %\usetypescriptfile[cmu]
> \usetypefile[cmu]
> \setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode, rm, 10pt]

So where is the typeface computer-modern-unicode defined?

Maybe Wolfgang had a another file?

> \mainlanguage[ru]
>
> \starttext
> \input ru_li2.tex
> \stoptext
> [/file]
>
> The ru_li2.tex is attached (text borrowed from ru.wikipedia.ru, about
> Alexandrov P.S. mathematician)
>
> ---
> WBR, Vladimir Lomov

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30 12:20                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-9-2010 1:18, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi Hans.
>
> 2010/9/30 Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>:
>
>> how does your test file look
> Ok. Second shoot :)
>
> [file name="ex_ru.tex"]
> %\usetypescriptfile[cmu]
> \usetypefile[cmu]
> \setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode, rm, 10pt]
>
> \mainlanguage[ru]
>
> \starttext
> \input ru_li2.tex
> \stoptext
> [/file]
>
> The ru_li2.tex is attached (text borrowed from ru.wikipedia.ru, about
> Alexandrov P.S. mathematician)

this shows me some cyrilic

\starttypescript [serif,sans,mono] [computer-modern-unicode]
     \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [file:cmunrm] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [file:cmunti] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]    [file:cmunsl] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [file:cmunbx] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [file:cmunbi] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [Sans]            [file:cmunss] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]      [file:cmunsi] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBold]        [file:cmunsx] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]  [file:cmunso] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [Mono]            [file:cmuntt] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoItalic]      [file:cmunit] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoSlanted]     [file:cmunst] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoBold]        [file:cmuntb] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldItalic]  [file:cmuntx] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[computer-modern-unicode]

\definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][rm][serif][computer-modern-unicode][default]
     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][ss][sans]
[computer-modern-unicode][default]
     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][tt][mono]
[computer-modern-unicode][default]
     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][mm][math] [modern]
          [default]
\stoptypescript

\usemodule[fnt-29]

\setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode,tt,9pt]

\setuplayout
   [backspace=1cm,
    topspace=1cm,
    footer=1cm,
    header=0cm,
    height=middle,
    width=middle]

\starttext
     \ctxlua{fonts.tracers.shapes()}
\stoptext

\endinput

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30 12:26                   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-30 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.09.2010 um 14:00 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> So where is the typeface computer-modern-unicode defined?
>
> Maybe Wolfgang had a another file?

The typescripts used a tex and a mark file which fails in newer version but i uploaded a new version of them.

@Vladimir: With the new typescript \setupbodyfont[cmu] is enough to use the font.

Wolfgang

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 13:14                   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen, ntg-context

** Hans Hagen [2010-09-30 14:00:12 +0200]:

> On 30-9-2010 1:18, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>>Hi Hans.
>>
>>2010/9/30 Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>:
>>
>>>how does your test file look
>>Ok. Second shoot :)
>>
>>[file name="ex_ru.tex"]
>>%\usetypescriptfile[cmu]
>>\usetypefile[cmu]
>>\setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode, rm, 10pt]
>
> So where is the typeface computer-modern-unicode defined?
Your onther message explains where.
Thank you Hans. Now I know about context a little more :)

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Never commit yourself!  Let someone else commit you.

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 13:22                     ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Schuster, ntg-context

** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-09-30 14:26:24 +0200]:

> Am 30.09.2010 um 14:00 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> So where is the typeface computer-modern-unicode defined?
>>
>> Maybe Wolfgang had a another file?
>
> The typescripts used a tex and a mark file which fails in newer version but i uploaded a new version of them.
>
> @Vladimir: With the new typescript \setupbodyfont[cmu] is enough to use the font.
Excuse my obtuseness, it is late here, but what/where is 'new typescript'?
In next beta or in hg repo?

Thank you.

P.S. As I understand from Hans example I need to define how serfi/rm
related with computer-modern-unicode. Is it right?

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
I always say beauty is only sin deep.
		-- Saki, "Reginald's Choir Treat"

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 13:37                   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-09-30 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen, ntg-context

** Hans Hagen [2010-09-30 14:20:48 +0200]:

> this shows me some cyrilic
>
> \starttypescript [serif,sans,mono] [computer-modern-unicode]
>     \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [file:cmunrm] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [file:cmunti] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]    [file:cmunsl] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [file:cmunbx] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [file:cmunbi] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [Sans]            [file:cmunss] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]      [file:cmunsi] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SansBold]        [file:cmunsx] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]  [file:cmunso] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [Mono]            [file:cmuntt] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoItalic]      [file:cmunit] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoSlanted]     [file:cmunst] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoBold]        [file:cmuntb] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldItalic]  [file:cmuntx] [features=default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript[computer-modern-unicode]
>
> \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][rm][serif][computer-modern-unicode][default]
>     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][ss][sans]
> [computer-modern-unicode][default]
>     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][tt][mono]
> [computer-modern-unicode][default]
>     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][mm][math] [modern]
> [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \usemodule[fnt-29]
>
> \setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode,tt,9pt]
>
> \setuplayout
>   [backspace=1cm,
>    topspace=1cm,
>    footer=1cm,
>    header=0cm,
>    height=middle,
>    width=middle]
>
> \starttext
>     \ctxlua{fonts.tracers.shapes()}
> \stoptext
>
> \endinput

You sure? Because I got LuaTeX error:
systems         : begin file ex_ru2.tex at line 41
! LuaTeX error <main ctx instance>:1: attempt to call field 'shapes' (a
nil value)
stack traceback:
        <main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.

	system          > error on line 42 in file ex_ru2.tex: LuaTeX
	error  ...

	32
	33     \setuplayout
	34        [backspace=1cm,
	35         topspace=1cm,
	36         footer=1cm,
	37         header=0cm,
	38         height=middle,
	39         width=middle]
	40
	41     \starttext
	42 >>       \ctxlua{fonts.tracers.shapes()}
	43     \stoptext
	44
	45     \endinput

	l.42      \ctxlua{fonts.tracers.shapes()}

$ luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.63.0-2010090921

Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. For more
information about these matters, see the file named COPYING and
the LuaTeX source.

Copyright 2009 Taco Hoekwater, the LuaTeX Team.

$ context --version
MTXrun | main context file:
/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
MTXrun | current version: 2010.09.29 23:37

(Don't look that my context minimal resides in directory
/usr/local/opt/texlive)

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Dorothy:	But how can you talk without a brain?
Scarecrow:	Well, I don't know... but some people without brains

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 13:46                       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-30 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.09.2010 um 15:22 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:

>> @Vladimir: With the new typescript \setupbodyfont[cmu] is enough to use the font.
> Excuse my obtuseness, it is late here, but what/where is 'new typescript'?
> In next beta or in hg repo?

I uploaded the new typescript to the garden, you can get them in the minimals with

first-setup.sh/bat --extras=t-typescripts

or

first-setup.sh/bat --extras=all

Wolfgang

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-09-30 14:10                       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lomov, Wolfgang Schuster, ntg-context

On 30-9-2010 3:22, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> ** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-09-30 14:26:24 +0200]:
>

>> Am 30.09.2010 um 14:00 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>>
>>> So where is the typeface computer-modern-unicode defined?
>>>
>>> Maybe Wolfgang had a another file?
>>
>> The typescripts used a tex and a mark file which fails in newer version but i uploaded a new version of them.
>>
>> @Vladimir: With the new typescript \setupbodyfont[cmu] is enough to use the font.
> Excuse my obtuseness, it is late here, but what/where is 'new typescript'?
> In next beta or in hg repo?
>
> Thank you.
>
> P.S. As I understand from Hans example I need to define how serfi/rm
> related with computer-modern-unicode. Is it right?

I've added a the typescript to the next beta. For more advanced support
you need Wolfgangs variant

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-30 14:12                     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-30 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lomov, ntg-context

On 30-9-2010 3:37, Vladimir Lomov wrote:

> You sure? Because I got LuaTeX error:

then you miss that style

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-10-01  2:44                       ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-10-01  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

** Hans Hagen [2010-09-30 16:12:40 +0200]:

> On 30-9-2010 3:37, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>
>>You sure? Because I got LuaTeX error:
>
> then you miss that style
>

> Hans
Hi Hans.

Even google couldn't find it :)

I tried to find this module on my machine (freshly updated minimal and
./first-setup.sh --extras=all) but didn't find anything.

Is fnt-29 a special (private) module?

--
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
manic-depressive, adj.:
	Easy glum, easy glow.

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-10-01  2:50                         ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-10-01  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-09-30 15:46:39 +0200]:

> Am 30.09.2010 um 15:22 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
>
>>> @Vladimir: With the new typescript \setupbodyfont[cmu] is enough to use the font.
>> Excuse my obtuseness, it is late here, but what/where is 'new typescript'?
>> In next beta or in hg repo?
>
> I uploaded the new typescript to the garden, you can get them in the minimals with
>
> first-setup.sh/bat --extras=t-typescripts
>
> or
>
> first-setup.sh/bat --extras=all
>
> Wolfgang
Hi Wolfgang.

Do you know the usual delay time betweeen upload and when fresh files
will be in minimal?

P.S. Seems that uploads not go to minimal.contextgarden.net or
source.contextgarden.net immediately or automatically.

--
An atom-blaster is a good weapon, but it can point both ways.
		-- Isaac Asimov

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-10-01  3:03                           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-10-01  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 04:50, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> ** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-09-30 15:46:39 +0200]:
>
> Do you know the usual delay time betweeen upload and when fresh files
> will be in minimal?

Only god knows that, I think. Delay for updating ConTeXt is 15
minutes, but only if something changes then everything else will be
updated as well. The rest is updated at least once per day, but there
are some other triggers ...

> P.S. Seems that uploads not go to minimal.contextgarden.net or
> source.contextgarden.net immediately or automatically.

They do go automatically, but not immediately (given the frequency of
updates of modules, I never considered this to be a problem so far;
but we could add a trigger on modules website, so that the update
would happen automatically; just not now since the modules might
change).

Mojca

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-10-01  3:53                             ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-10-01  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mojca.

** Mojca Miklavec [2010-10-01 05:03:51 +0200]:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 04:50, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> ** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-09-30 15:46:39 +0200]:
>>
>> Do you know the usual delay time betweeen upload and when fresh files
>> will be in minimal?
>
> Only god knows that, I think. Delay for updating ConTeXt is 15
> minutes, but only if something changes then everything else will be
> updated as well. The rest is updated at least once per day, but there
> are some other triggers ...
I thought that some daemon makes updates: after someon upload new file
on garden daemon updates files for context minimal, so I assume that
daemon do it once a day. I'll wait.

>> P.S. Seems that uploads not go to minimal.contextgarden.net or
>> source.contextgarden.net immediately or automatically.
>
> They do go automatically, but not immediately (given the frequency of
> updates of modules, I never considered this to be a problem so far;
> but we could add a trigger on modules website, so that the update
> would happen automatically; just not now since the modules might
> change).
source.contextgarden.net: 2010-03-30: not sure what this means.
minimals.contextgarden.net: Last modified - 2010-09-30 - setup .

Never mind, I'll wait.
---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
I dote on his very absence.
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-10-01  4:05                   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-10-01  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

** Hans Hagen [2010-09-30 14:20:48 +0200]:

> this shows me some cyrilic
>
> \starttypescript [serif,sans,mono] [computer-modern-unicode]
>     \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [file:cmunrm] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [file:cmunti] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]    [file:cmunsl] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [file:cmunbx] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [file:cmunbi] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [Sans]            [file:cmunss] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]      [file:cmunsi] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SansBold]        [file:cmunsx] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]  [file:cmunso] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [Mono]            [file:cmuntt] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoItalic]      [file:cmunit] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoSlanted]     [file:cmunst] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoBold]        [file:cmuntb] [features=default]
>     \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldItalic]  [file:cmuntx] [features=default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript[computer-modern-unicode]
>
> \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][rm][serif][computer-modern-unicode][default]
>     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][ss][sans]
> [computer-modern-unicode][default]
>     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][tt][mono]
> [computer-modern-unicode][default]
>     \definetypeface[computer-modern-unicode][mm][math] [modern]
> [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \usemodule[fnt-29]
>
> \setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode,tt,9pt]
>
> \setuplayout
>   [backspace=1cm,
>    topspace=1cm,
>    footer=1cm,
>    header=0cm,
>    height=middle,
>    width=middle]
>
> \starttext
>     \ctxlua{fonts.tracers.shapes()}
> \stoptext
>
> \endinput

1. If I comment '\usemodule[fnt-29]' (seems that I don't have it) and
'\ctxlua' line and add '\input ru_li2.tex' after it then I don't get
CM-U, but I see in output message that 'cmunrm not found'.

2. If I move fonts (or link) from
$CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode
$CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-local/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode
and run context on the same document it will work. As well as if fonts are in
$CONTEXT_MINIMAL/tex/texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype/public/cm-unicode
the document will be ok.

My first place to put fonts was incorrect.

--
Eagleson's Law:
	Any code of your own that you haven't looked at for six or more

* Re: Computer Modern Unicode fonts
@ 2010-10-01 11:29                               ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-10-01 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 05:53, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi Mojca.
>
> source.contextgarden.net: 2010-03-30: not sure what this means.

This means that source browser for ConTeXt dates back to the times
when Hans was releasing a new current version of ConTeXt every few
days. Now he started distributing the betas on a regular basis and
current ConTeXt simply hasn't been updated since March. The source
browser only shows the current version of ConTeXt.

> minimals.contextgarden.net: Last modified - 2010-09-30 - setup .

This one might be an indicator of last update, yes.
But then it's best to check
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/context/beta/tex/context/base/context.tex
or maybe the files you are interested in:
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/t-typescripts/tex/context/third/typescripts/
which date to
    30-Sep-2010 14:19

Mojca

PS: I will try to remember to add these font to minimals in a month or so