* mkii bug in lucida, again.
@ 2010-12-19 17:26 Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2010-12-19 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

This bug only exist in mkii.

it appeared some time ago, but was fixed later, and reappeared again
sometime later this year.

Hans, I will zip my lucida font and send to you in a private mail.

Yue Wang

[-- Attachment #2: a.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: a.tex --]

* Re: mkii bug in lucida, again.
@ 2010-12-19 17:34 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2010-12-19 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW, there is also something strange with lucida support in context recently.
if I use
\usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
\usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[lucida,14pt]

I suppose it should load texnansi-xxx.tfm

but it reports

! Font \*lucida12ptrmtfrm*:=hlhr8y at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\definefontglobal ...dcsname \lastfontname \relax
                                                  \expandafter \let \expanda...

\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                  \let \localrelativefontsiz...

\fontstrategy ...me \fontclass #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                  \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                  \fi \iftryingfont \fontstr...

\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                  \relax \fi \iftryingfont \...
l.3 \setupbodyfont[lucida,14pt]

I think this is not correct.

Yue Wang
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Yue Wang <yuleopen@gmail.com> wrote:
> This bug only exist in mkii.
>
> it appeared some time ago, but was fixed later, and reappeared again
> sometime later this year.
>
> Hans, I will zip my lucida font and send to you in a private mail.
>
> Yue Wang

* Re: mkii bug in lucida, again.
@ 2010-12-21 10:46   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-12-21 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 18:34, Yue Wang wrote:
> BTW, there is also something strange with lucida support in context recently.
> if I use
> \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
> \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
> \setupbodyfont[lucida,14pt]

What does recently mean? (It has changed in early 2010.)

I'm using ConTeXt version 2010.12.18 21:03 and it works fine, but I
use files provided by TUG (you get tfm files for free on CTAN).

See the first three lines in
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Lucida

You don't need to use type-buy. The typescripts are in the core now. I
asked Hans to change the typescripts, since one had to create own tfm
files otherwise. Not it is possible to use the ones provided by TUG.

Mojca

* Re: mkii bug in lucida, again.
@ 2010-12-21 10:47     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-12-21 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:46, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> You don't need to use type-buy. The typescripts are in the core now. I
> asked Hans to change the typescripts, since one had to create own tfm
> files otherwise. Not it is possible to use the ones provided by TUG.

* Not => now

* Re: mkii bug in lucida, again.
@ 2010-12-31 22:00 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2010-12-31 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)