2011/3/23 mathew > On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:23, Cecil Westerhof > wrote: > > I am still experimenting. With the default ' is reasonably displayed, but > ` > > not. > > I liked palatino, but then even ' is not displayed nicely. What is the > best > > (standard installed) font where both ' and ` are good displayed? > > I think your expectations may be at fault. > You are completely right. That is why a mailing list like this is useful. ;-} > In ConTeXt, ` is not "open quote", it is backtick. If you want an open > quote, you have to type one. > > Typeset this text to see what I mean: > > \starttext > ` Backtick\crlf > ' Apostrophe\crlf > ‘ Open curly quote\crlf > ’ Close curly quote > \stoptext > > If you actually want backtick, perhaps you could say what you think is > wrong with it in Palatino? > Wrong is maybe not the correct word, but when compiling this code: \starttext ` Backtick\crlf ' Apostrophe\crlf ‘ Open curly quote\crlf ’ Close curly quote ‘some quoted text’ “some doublequoted text” \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt] ‘some quoted text’ “some doublequoted text” \stoptext Then I find the font from palatino better looking, but the default quotes better as the palatino's. I have to change all my ‘quotes’ again. Attached my Xmopdmap.extra which incorperates these single and double quotes. -- Cecil Westerhof