* Minimals & Windows PowerShell
@ 2010-08-19 13:17 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-08-19 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

With cmd.exe
call C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
does it's job correctly.

I would like to know the same for Windows PowerShell:
.  C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
& C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
don't work and
call doesn't exist in PowerShell.

--
luigi

* Re: Minimals & Windows PowerShell
@ 2010-08-19 14:33 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-08-19 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:17, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> With cmd.exe
> call C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
> does it's job correctly.

You should not even need the second argument.

> I would like to know the same for Windows PowerShell:
> .  C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
> & C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
> don't work and
> call doesn't exist in PowerShell.

Does anyone know any more about PowerShell? I'm ready to change the
code in setuptex.bat, but I don't use windows and I'm not too eager to
explore it myself.

If you manage to figure out what needs to be done, let me know.

Mojca

* Re: Minimals & Windows PowerShell
@ 2010-08-19 14:42 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2010-08-19 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.08.2010 15:17, schrieb luigi scarso:
> With cmd.exe
> call C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
> does it's job correctly.
>
> I would like to know the same for Windows PowerShell:
> .  C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
> & C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
> don't work and
> call doesn't exist in PowerShell.

maybe

& "C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat"

http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ee176949%28en-us%29.aspx

I don't have installed it on my system...eshell would kill me ;-)

Best wishes,  Peter

* Re: Minimals & Windows PowerShell
@ 2010-08-19 15:53   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-08-19 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Peter Rolf <indiego@gmx.net> wrote:
> maybe
>
> & "C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat"
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ee176949%28en-us%29.aspx
no
and even dot source

From: luigi scarso @ 2010-08-19 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Peter Rolf <indiego@gmx.net> wrote:
> maybe
>
> & "C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat"
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ee176949%28en-us%29.aspx
no
and even dot source fails

--

@ 2010-08-19 16:20   ` Vnpenguin
From: Vnpenguin @ 2010-08-19 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 16:33, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:17, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With cmd.exe
>> call C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
>> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
>> does it's job correctly.
>
> You should not even need the second argument.
>
>> I would like to know the same for Windows PowerShell:
>> .  C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
>> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
>> & C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
>> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
>> don't work and
>> call doesn't exist in PowerShell.
>
> Does anyone know any more about PowerShell? I'm ready to change the
> code in setuptex.bat, but I don't use windows and I'm not too eager to
> explore it myself.

Standard shell of Windows is fine for me. I not need another shell :)
When you change something in setuptex.bat it's better to think about
"standard" firstly.

* Re: Minimals & Windows PowerShell
@ 2010-08-19 16:44     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-19 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-8-2010 6:20, Vnpenguin wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 16:33, Mojca Miklavec
> <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:17, luigi scarso<luigi.scarso@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> With cmd.exe
>>> call C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
>>> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
>>> does it's job correctly.
>>
>> You should not even need the second argument.
>>
>>> I would like to know the same for Windows PowerShell:
>>> .  C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
>>> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
>>> &  C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex\setuptex.bat
>>> C:\luatex\minimals-beta\context\tex
>>> don't work and
>>> call doesn't exist in PowerShell.
>>
>> Does anyone know any more about PowerShell? I'm ready to change the
>> code in setuptex.bat, but I don't use windows and I'm not too eager to
>> explore it myself.
>
> Standard shell of Windows is fine for me. I not need another shell :)
> When you change something in setuptex.bat it's better to think about
> "standard" firstly.

i've been using this for a quite some time now:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/

it is much faster in scrolling the log; it captures the output and
flushes periodically contrary to the normal console which flushes each
char and as tex often writes char by char ...; other os's use delays in
the refresh in consoles so there it's less noticeable

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-08-19 18:09       ` Vnpenguin
From: Vnpenguin @ 2010-08-19 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 18:44, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> i've been using this for a quite some time now:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/
>
> it is much faster in scrolling the log; it captures the output and flushes
> periodically contrary to the normal console which flushes each char and as
> tex often writes char by char ...; other os's use delays in the refresh in
> consoles so there it's less noticeable

Thanks for the link.