I was setting up a test for my students, consisting of one page (A4 landscape), three columns. Each column consisted of a question, below which there was an empty frame in which to write the answer. The layout then was something like -- \startcolumns[n=3] \startitemize[n] \item First question \framed[height=10cm width=\textwidth]{} \column \item Second question \framed[height=10cm width=\textwidth]{} \column \item Third question \framed[height=10cm width=\textwidth]{} \stopitemize \stopcolumns -- All well and good - except! the second "\column" command pushed the third column onto a second page. However without that "\column", no matter what parameters I gave the page layout, the third question text would appear at the bottom of the second column. I ended up getting around this by putting a "\vskip3cm" in place of the second "\column". This worked, but seems like an ugly workaround. What's going on here - and what am I doing wrong? Thanks, Alasdair -- Blog: http://amca01.wordpress.com Web: http://bit.ly/Alasdair Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/alasdair.mcandrew