* \vskip-\baselineskip after section header in mkIV
@ 2010-05-22  7:53 Vianney le Clément
From: Vianney le Clément @ 2010-05-22  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

\vskip-\baselineskip behaves strangely when put after a section
header. Here is a minimal example.

\setuphead[subject][after=]
\starttext
\subject{Header}
\vskip-\baselineskip
Text
\stoptext

One would expect to have "Header" overprinted by "Text". This is the
case in mkII, but not in mkIV where we get "Header" followed by "Text"
on the same line. Is this a bug or a feature?
Also interesting is when you add \setuphead[subject][style=] in the
preample, then the behavior is like mkII.

BTW, if you wonder why I'm using this, I want to put some additional
info on the right side of the title when there is room left. Otherwise
it should be put just below.

Thanks,
Vianney

* Re: \vskip-\baselineskip after section header in mkIV
@ 2010-05-23 23:17 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-23 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-5-2010 9:53, Vianney le Clément wrote:
> Hello,
>
> \vskip-\baselineskip behaves strangely when put after a section
> header. Here is a minimal example.
>
> \setuphead[subject][after=]
> \starttext
> \subject{Header}
> \vskip-\baselineskip
> Text
> \stoptext
>
> One would expect to have "Header" overprinted by "Text". This is the
> case in mkII, but not in mkIV where we get "Header" followed by "Text"
> on the same line. Is this a bug or a feature?
> Also interesting is when you add \setuphead[subject][style=] in the
> preample, then the behavior is like mkII.
>
> BTW, if you wonder why I'm using this, I want to put some additional
> info on the right side of the title when there is room left. Otherwise
> it should be put just below.

weird indeed ...

\setuphead[subject][after=]

\starttext

\subject{Header}

\vskip-\the\baselineskip \par

Text

\subject{Header}

\vskip-\the\dimexpr\baselineskip+10sp\relax \par

Text

\subject{Header}

\vskip-\the\dimexpr\baselineskip+1sp\relax \par

Text

\subject{Header}

\vskip-2\baselineskip \par

Text

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-05-24  6:11   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-24  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 22-5-2010 9:53, Vianney le Clément wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> \vskip-\baselineskip behaves strangely when put after a section
>> header. Here is a minimal example.
>>
>> \setuphead[subject][after=]
>> \starttext
>> \subject{Header}
>> \vskip-\baselineskip
>> Text
>> \stoptext
>>
>> One would expect to have "Header" overprinted by "Text". This is the
>> case in mkII, but not in mkIV where we get "Header" followed by "Text"
>> on the same line. Is this a bug or a feature?
>> Also interesting is when you add \setuphead[subject][style=] in the
>> preample, then the behavior is like mkII.
>>
>> BTW, if you wonder why I'm using this, I want to put some additional
>> info on the right side of the title when there is room left. Otherwise
>> it should be put just below.
>
> weird indeed ...

This appears to be a bug in the luatex pdf backend.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: \vskip-\baselineskip after section header in mkIV
@ 2010-05-24 20:53     ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2010-05-24 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 24 May 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
> > On 22-5-2010 9:53, Vianney le Clément wrote:
> > >
> > > \vskip-\baselineskip behaves strangely when put after a section
> > > header. Here is a minimal example.
> > >
> > > \setuphead[subject][after=]
> > > \starttext
> > > \subject{Header}
> > > \vskip-\baselineskip
> > > Text
> > > \stoptext
> > >
> > > One would expect to have "Header" overprinted by "Text". This is the
> > > case in mkII, but not in mkIV where we get "Header" followed by "Text"
> > > on the same line. Is this a bug or a feature?
> > > Also interesting is when you add \setuphead[subject][style=] in the
> > > preample, then the behavior is like mkII.
> > >
> > > BTW, if you wonder why I'm using this, I want to put some additional
> > > info on the right side of the title when there is room left. Otherwise
> > > it should be put just below.
> >
> > weird indeed ...
>
> This appears to be a bug in the luatex pdf backend.

fixed in trunk, SVN 3699.

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: \vskip-\baselineskip after section header in mkIV
@ 2010-05-25  6:53       ` Vianney le Clément
From: Vianney le Clément @ 2010-05-25  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 22:53, Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> This appears to be a bug in the luatex pdf backend.
>
> fixed in trunk, SVN 3699.
>
> Regards, Hartmut

Many thanks!
Vianney