On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote: > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Peter Davis wrote: > > I want to process documents from two separate XML files. One XML file >> defines the layout of the page ... placement of text boxes, fonts to use >> ... >> even placeholder text. The other XML contains the actual content that >> gets >> placed into that layout. >> > > You can generate the \setup commands (i.e. the preable) from the first XML > file, and the main body of the document from the second XML file. > Thanks! The layout XML would actually define a kind of boilerplate page, and then various contents from the other XML would be inserted. The final document might have a thousand pages, all based on the same boilerplate, but with different contents inserted. So I'd need a mechanism for storing the boilerplate so that for each element in the content XML, I could generate a new page using the boilerplate plus the text from that element. Is that clear? It's kind of like mail merge in a word processor. You might get a few hundred or thousand copies of a letter, each for a different recipient. So in essence, one XML contains the letter, and the other contains the list of recipients, their addresses, etc. Thank you. -pd