* [OT] List of Open Source Software
@ 2010-12-23  9:39 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-12-23  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are more than seven hundreds of titles
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/12068_3918051_13/Ultimate-List-of-Open-Source-Software.htm

--
luigi

* [***SPAM***]  [OT] music player for lua lovers!
@ 2011-03-22 14:52 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2011-03-22 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

This is off-topic, but I wish to share my experience with
a product using lua (and perl) running on an embarked linux system.
The Logitech Squeezebox Touch is a small network music player
featuring very high quality sound and good ergonometrics.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/54/5745

The software is programmed in lua and perl and is open source.

I now have two in my apartment: one in my office and now a
second in the kitchen (soon a third in the bedroom?).

Will someone now write an application to compile ConTeXt on it?
Should be close to trivial, in fact!

Alan

* Re: [OT] music player for lua lovers!
@ 2011-03-22 16:17   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-22 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-3-2011 3:52, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> This is off-topic, but I wish to share my experience with
> a product using lua (and perl) running on an embarked linux system.
> The Logitech Squeezebox Touch is a small network music player
> featuring very high quality sound and good ergonometrics.
>
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/54/5745

indeed, and apart from scite using lua as embedded language, it was jive
that convinced me that lua was a good choice

> The software is programmed in lua and perl and is open source.
>
> I now have two in my apartment: one in my office and now a
> second in the kitchen (soon a third in the bedroom?).

I have a squeezebox classic in the top floor study, a slim devices
transporter in the living room (wasn't logitech then), a squeeze radio
in the kitchen, another squeezebox stares at me right now, and
squeezepad on the ipad (no touch yet, but I might get one some day) ..
how else do you think I can work on context -)

(btw, i just run the squeezecenter server on a virtual machine)

> Will someone now write an application to compile ConTeXt on it?
> Should be close to trivial, in fact!

maybe ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: [***SPAM***]  [OT] music player for lua lovers!
@ 2011-03-22 16:22   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2011-03-22 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Will someone now write an application to compile ConTeXt on it?

  I don't even dare asking what the use case would be :-)

> Should be close to trivial, in fact!

  For the programming part, probably, but how should it be used?  I
don't reckon this is the kind of device where the user is expected to
type text, let alone to view a PDF file.  If you remember my talk in
Brejlov, the main part of the work, in developing an iPad application
for TeX, was the user interface, not the TeX compiler proper
(notwithstanding the arbitrary limitations by Apple that do actually
inflict a burden on the programmer).

	Arthur