* greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 11:11 Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-10-31 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do I need some additional settings to get lower
greek letters in the example? I get only a dot for g

\starttext

\startitemize[g]
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\item baz
\stopitemize

\startitemize[G]
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\item baz
\stopitemize

\stoptext

MTXrun | current version: 2010.10.29 18:15

Herbert

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 15:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-31 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31-10-2010 12:11, Herbert Voss wrote:
> Do I need some additional settings to get lower
> greek letters in the example? I get only a dot for g
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize[g]
> \item foo
> \item bar
> \item baz
> \item baz
> \stopitemize
>
> \startitemize[G]
> \item foo
> \item bar
> \item baz
> \item baz
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext

does the font that you use have greek symbols?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 17:18   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-10-31 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 16:57, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 31-10-2010 12:11, Herbert Voss wrote:
>>
>> Do I need some additional settings to get lower
>> greek letters in the example? I get only a dot for g
>>
> does the font that you use have greek symbols?

It seems to be a bug in code, not the lack of symbols. It fails in
Gentium as well. The code (\greeknumerals{3}) doesn't return anything,
but it works in MKII.

Mojca

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 17:48     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-10-31 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.10.2010 um 18:18 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 16:57, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 31-10-2010 12:11, Herbert Voss wrote:
>>>
>>> Do I need some additional settings to get lower
>>> greek letters in the example? I get only a dot for g
>>>
>> does the font that you use have greek symbols?
>
> It seems to be a bug in code, not the lack of symbols. It fails in
> Gentium as well. The code (\greeknumerals{3}) doesn't return anything,
> but it works in MKII.

Can you make a example because it works for me:

\setupbodyfont[gentium]
\starttext
\startitemize[g]
\dorecurse{10}{\startitem #1 = \greeknumerals{#1} \stopitem}
\stopitemize
\stoptext

The difference between mkii and mkiv is that mkii use math mode
to display the greek characters while mkiv takes them from
the bodyfont and latin modern has no greek.

Wolfgang

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 18:07 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-10-31 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/10/31 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@fu-berlin.de>:
> Do I need some additional settings to get lower
> greek letters in the example? I get only a dot for g

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]
\starttext

\startitemize[g]
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\item baz
\stopitemize

\startitemize[G]
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\item baz
\stopitemize

\stoptext

It works ok wiht latest minimals & dejavu and cambria fonts; it shows
dots with lm

--
luigi

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 18:16       ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-10-31 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.10.2010 18:48, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:

> The difference between mkii and mkiv is that mkii use math mode
> to display the greek characters while mkiv takes them from
> the bodyfont and latin modern has no greek.

yes, that was the problem.

HErbert

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 18:33         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-10-31 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/10/31 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@fu-berlin.de>:
> Am 31.10.2010 18:48, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>
>> The difference between mkii and mkiv is that mkii use math mode
>> to display the greek characters while mkiv takes them from
>> the bodyfont and latin modern has no greek.
>
> yes, that was the problem.
You can use Symbola

> HErbert

luigi

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 18:36           ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-10-31 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.10.2010 19:33, schrieb luigi scarso:

>>> The difference between mkii and mkiv is that mkii use math mode
>>> to display the greek characters while mkiv takes them from
>>> the bodyfont and latin modern has no greek.
>>
>> yes, that was the problem.
> You can use Symbola

thanks
Herbert

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 18:39       ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-10-31 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 06:48:21PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 31.10.2010 um 18:18 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> >> does the font that you use have greek symbols?
> >
> > It seems to be a bug in code, not the lack of symbols. It fails in
> > Gentium as well. The code (\greeknumerals{3}) doesn't return anything,
> > but it works in MKII.
>
> Can you make a example because it works for me:
>
> \setupbodyfont[gentium]
> \starttext
> \startitemize[g]
> \dorecurse{10}{\startitem #1 = \greeknumerals{#1} \stopitem}
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> The difference between mkii and mkiv is that mkii use math mode
> to display the greek characters while mkiv takes them from
> the bodyfont and latin modern has no greek.

LM has upper case Greek, no idea why not lower case as well.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 21:18         ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2010-10-31 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/10/31 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org>:
> LM has upper case Greek, no idea why not lower case as well.

I still find the idea of greek letters in a font called "latin"
interesting... :-)

Best
   Martin

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-10-31 21:46           ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-10-31 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:18:20PM +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2010/10/31 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org>:
> > LM has upper case Greek, no idea why not lower case as well.
>
> I still find the idea of greek letters in a font called "latin"
> interesting... :-)

I'm more interested about the reasoning behind the partial support, it
would either not support Greek at all (after all it is Latin), or fully
support monotonic Greek at least (even though it is Latin, we all love
Greek and Don have already drawn them).

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: greek letters in itemize
@ 2010-11-01  9:42         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-11-01  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31-10-2010 7:39, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 06:48:21PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> It seems to be a bug in code, not the lack of symbols. It fails in
>>> Gentium as well. The code (\greeknumerals{3}) doesn't return anything,
>>> but it works in MKII.
>>
>> Can you make a example because it works for me:
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[gentium]
>> \starttext
>> \startitemize[g]
>> \dorecurse{10}{\startitem #1 = \greeknumerals{#1} \stopitem}
>> \stopitemize
>> \stoptext
>>
>> The difference between mkii and mkiv is that mkii use math mode
>> to display the greek characters while mkiv takes them from
>> the bodyfont and latin modern has no greek.
>
> LM has upper case Greek, no idea why not lower case as well.

i guess that they will be there when lm math shows up

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE