* Re: Windows Minimals installer is broken -- mtxrun does not, work
@ 2010-05-31 15:36 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-05-31 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

For me, it looks rather like a bug, not a feature :)

In the installer, I need to setup PATH variable before executing the
real script, and this thing bothers me.

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: Windows Minimals installer is broken -- mtxrun does not, work
@ 2010-05-31 15:41 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-31 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 17:36, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> For me, it looks rather like a bug, not a feature :)
>
> In the installer, I need to setup PATH variable before executing the real
> script, and this thing bothers me.

Hasn't the problem been fixed yet? (I admit that I have not tested yet.)

Mojca

* Re: Windows Minimals installer is broken -- mtxrun does not work
@ 2010-05-31 12:08     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-31 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> Moreover, mtxrun.exe is not working at all,
>> complaining  "mtxrun: unable to locate texlua.exe on the search path", while
>> texlua.exe is present in the same folder!
>
> Confirmed. mtxrun.exe doesn't find texlua.exe when it's in the same
> folder. Hans - is there a way to fix that?

I would call that a (security) feature. If the current folder is not
in the search path, it should not be possible for executables to
be executed from it unless by the user him/herself.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Windows Minimals installer is broken -- mtxrun does not work
@ 2010-05-31 11:50   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-31 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 19:36, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello everybody and esp. Mojca,
>
> I started updating my Windows installer code to include "--extras" switch.
> Unfortunately, I found that mtxrun.cmd does not exist anymore and is
> replaced by mtxrun.exe.

It seems to work after fixing that (replacing call mtxrun.cmd with mtxrun.exe).

       [not found] <mailman.1310.1275231716.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-05-30 17:36 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-05-30 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everybody and esp. Mojca,

I started updating my Windows installer code to include "--extras"
switch. Unfortunately, I found that mtxrun.cmd does not exist anymore
and is replaced by mtxrun.exe. Moreover, mtxrun.exe is not working at
all, complaining  "mtxrun: unable to locate texlua.exe on the search
path", while texlua.exe is present in the same folder!

Please, help me fix this issue, because installer is broken for the moment.

Regards Best,
Vyatcheslav