2011/2/13 Li Yanrui (李延瑞) > Hi, > > For this example with simsun.ttc (it can be download from > http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=2630): > > \definefont[song][name:nsimsun] > \starttext > \song 测试 > \stoptext > > ConTeXt MkIV said: > > fonts > fallback modern rm 12pt is loaded > system > begin file b at line 3 > fonts > otf loading > loading: > selfautoparent:texmf-local/fonts/truetype/winfonts/simsun.ttc (hash: > simsun-nsimsun) > fonts > otf loading > font loaded okay > fonts > otf loading > loading failed (file read error) > fonts > defining > forced type ttc of simsun not found > > I have tested the uming.ttc (AR PL UMing, it can be download from > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/CJKUnifonts/Download) and got > the same error. > > -- > Best regards, > > Li Yanrui > i wanted to load a ttc at one point, too, and failed. i found beer , a free software collection, and ported it’s ttc2ttf tool to python (as a challenge). you can find my port here , but it doesn’t get the magic numbers right. it works for me, though.