* cross-ref problem (again)
@ 2005-06-24 21:16 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2005-06-24 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry to plague you with this, but it has brought me to a standstill.

On page 84 of the ConTeXt Manual at the bottom of the page, you see
the footnote:
** Why? See note *.
This is perfectly fine when the footnote marker is a symbol. But when
it is  number, say 13, one prefers:
.... See note 13.
where the footnote marker (a number now) is in line.

The problem I am having concerns the command for cross-referencing
footnotes by their numbers,\note, since this command inserts the
number as a superscript. Although this is useful, by the way, for
repeating a call to an earlier note at a different location, as on
page 83 of the Manual, it is not the only way in which footnotes are
typically referenced in printed works.

The question, then, is how to adapt \note so that it inserts the
footnote number inline at at current bodyfont size. I have checked
the source file core-not.tex re \note, but I have not been able to
make much headway.

Any tips or pointers will be gratefully received.

Alan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-24 21:16 UTC | newest]