From: Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>
To: "ntg-context@ntg.nl" <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Lettrine not Working as Expected
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:19:51 +1100	[thread overview]

Hello everyone,

I have been trying the lettrine module and have come across some unexpected behaviour. I have been following the documentation found here

  http://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/t-lettrine/doc/context/third/lettrine/lettrine-doc.pdf

and have proceeded to make a minimal example:

  \usemodule[lettrine]

  \starttext
  \lettrine[Lines=3]{T}{his is a test} \input knuth
  \stoptext

Unfortunately the output is not quite what (I think) it should be. It appears that the first line is rendered as expected, but that it is followed by a vertical gap---an extraordinary line spacing if you will---that places the second line all the way beneath the 'T', where the forth line would be expected. However, the second and third line are indented the way you would expect, they are just two lines further down as they should.

As this may be hard to express, I have attached a small PDF with the result of the above code.

Thank you,
Malte.