From: David Arnold <dwarnold45@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: We have a problem --- Old file no longer compiles
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:46:08 -0700	[thread overview]

Here is another example, this time not within a block, but within an
enumeration again:

The source:

\startproperty
   Let $a$ and $b$ be any numbers such that $a=b$. Then, if $c$ is
any number other than zero,

\placeformula[-]
\startformula
   ac=bc.\index{equations+multiplication}
\stopformula

If $c$ is any number other than zero, then

\placeformula[-]
\startformula
   \frac ac=\frac bc.\index{equations+division}
\stopformula

\stopproperty

Where property is defined:

\defineframedtext[MyBox]
\definemeasure[BoxWidth][\textwidth]
\defineblank[BoxBlank][medium]

\setupframedtexts
	[MyBox]
	[width=\measure{BoxWidth},
	before={\blank[BoxBlank]},
	after={\blank[BoxBlank]},
	background=color,
	frame=no,
	location=middle]

\setuplabeltext[property=Property]

\defineenumeration
	[Default]
	[location=serried,
	width=broad,
	text=\labeltext{},
	headstyle=bold,
	inbetween=\blank,
	before=\blank,
	after=\blank,
	way=bysection,
	sectionnumber=no,
	number=yes,
	right=.]

\defineenumeration
	[property]
	[Default]
	[text=\labeltext{property},
	before={\startMyBox[backgroundcolor=lavender]},
	after=\stopMyBox,
	way=bysection,
	sectionnumber=no]

And the error. Again, the \frac command seems to be the culprit.

(./EquationsSection.tuo) [1.15] [MP to PDF] (./EquationsSection-
mpgraph.1)
[2.16] [3.17]
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\dogenfrac ...{\begingroup #4\endgroup #2#3\relax
                                                   #5}}
\mathematics #1->\relax \ifmmode #1
                                    \else $#1$\fi
l.275   \frac ac