* A simpler way to install LMTX in macOS Catalina
@ 2020-05-30 11:09 Nicola
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicola @ 2020-05-30 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Today I wanted to try LMTX and I have found these instructions in the wiki:

    https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installing_ConTeXt_LMTX_on_MacOS

Rather than disabling SIP, I have proceeded as follows:

1. Download macOS's version of LMTX from https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation
2. Unpack
3. cd context-osx-64
4. xattr -d com.apple.quarantine bin/mtxrun
5. sh ./install.sh

Point 4 is important to avoid the dialog "mtxrun cannot be opened
because the developer cannot be verified." Of course, it would be
better if the binary were signed...

Nicola

* Re: A simpler way to install LMTX in macOS Catalina
@ 2020-05-30 11:18 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2020-05-30 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Nicola,

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:09:28AM -0000, Nicola wrote:
> 1. Download macOS's version of LMTX from https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation
> 2. Unpack
> 3. cd context-osx-64
> 4. xattr -d com.apple.quarantine bin/mtxrun
> 5. sh ./install.sh

  It’s nice to report that to the list, could you also add a note on the
wiki page itself?  That’s where people are most likely to look for this
kind of information.

	Best,

		Arthur

* Re: A simpler way to install LMTX in macOS Catalina
@ 2020-05-30 11:19 ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2020-05-30 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 30/05/2020 13:09, Nicola wrote:
>  Of course, it would be
> better if the binary were signed...

And of course, it would be better to use Linux ;-)

.F

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: A simpler way to install LMTX in macOS Catalina
@ 2020-05-30 11:50   ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2020-05-30 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have update https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation accordingly.

@ 2020-05-30 14:15 ` Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2020-05-30 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank-you Nicola that was very timely and helpful. :-)

> On 30 May 2020, at 12:09, Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Today I wanted to try LMTX and I have found these instructions in the wiki:
>
>    https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installing_ConTeXt_LMTX_on_MacOS
>
> Rather than disabling SIP, I have proceeded as follows:
>
> 1. Download macOS's version of LMTX from https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation
> 2. Unpack
> 3. cd context-osx-64
> 4. xattr -d com.apple.quarantine bin/mtxrun
> 5. sh ./install.sh
>
> Point 4 is important to avoid the dialog "mtxrun cannot be opened
> because the developer cannot be verified." Of course, it would be
> better if the binary were signed...
>
> Nicola

Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK