* rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-09 11:51 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-05-09 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi all,

the "rscale" key does not work for my Greek module in the latest beta
ConTeXt  ver: 2009.05.08 21:48 MKIV
The font always stays the same size, no matter what value I give. It
did work in the version 2009.04.21. I haven't been able to reproduce
the error in a minimal file yet., but maybe Hans can say which files
are likely to be the culprit so I can run a diff between these two
versions?

All best

Thomas

* Re: rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-09 12:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-09 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the "rscale" key does not work for my Greek module in the latest beta
> ConTeXt  ver: 2009.05.08 21:48 MKIV
> The font always stays the same size, no matter what value I give. It did
> work in the version 2009.04.21. I haven't been able to reproduce the
> error in a minimal file yet., but maybe Hans can say which files are
> likely to be the culprit so I can run a diff between these two versions?

most likely font-ini.mkiv

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-09 13:05   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-05-09 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 9, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

>> maybe Hans can say which files are likely to be the culprit so I
>> can run a diff between these two versions?
>
> most likely font-ini.mkiv
>
> Hans

Thanks Hans, I'll see if I can find anything!

Thomas

* Re: rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-10 15:58     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-05-10 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 9, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>>> maybe Hans can say which files are likely to be the culprit so I
>>> can run a diff between these two versions?
>>
>> most likely font-ini.mkiv
>>
>> Hans
>
> Thanks Hans, I'll see if I can find anything!
>
> Thomas

OK, first result: if I simply put my old font-ini.mkiv (2009.04.21) in
place of the new one and regenerate the formats, rscale works again.
I'll say if I can nail it down further.

Thomas

* Re: rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-10 16:02       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-10 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>>> most likely font-ini.mkiv
>>>
>>> Hans
>>
>> Thanks Hans, I'll see if I can find anything!
>>
>> Thomas
>
> OK, first result: if I simply put my old font-ini.mkiv (2009.04.21) in
> place of the new one and regenerate the formats, rscale works again.
> I'll say if I can nail it down further.

ok

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-10 19:38       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-10 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>>> most likely font-ini.mkiv
>>>
>>> Hans
>>
>> Thanks Hans, I'll see if I can find anything!
>>
>> Thomas
>
> OK, first result: if I simply put my old font-ini.mkiv (2009.04.21) in
> place of the new one and regenerate the formats, rscale works again.
> I'll say if I can nail it down further.

how do you use rscale?

\definetypeface [xxxx] [rm] [serif] [times]     [default]
\definetypeface [xxxx] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica] [default] [rscale=5]

\starttext
\setupbodyfont[xxxx] \rm test \ss test
\stoptext

works ok

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: rscale in latest beta
@ 2009-05-10 21:17         ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-05-10 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 10, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> how do you use rscale?
>
> \definetypeface [xxxx] [rm] [serif] [times]     [default]
> \definetypeface [xxxx] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica] [default] [rscale=5]
>
> \starttext
> \setupbodyfont[xxxx] \rm test \ss test
> \stoptext
>
> works ok

I think I have found the problem and a test file: the problem occurs
when I define two fonts with different rscales. In this case, only the
last defined rscale is taken into account, the other one is discarded.
Here's the file:

\usetypescript[times]
\setupbodyfont[times,12pt]

\definetypeface [one] [rm] [serif] [palatino]   [default] [rscale=2]
\definetypeface [two] [rm] [serif] [schoolbook] [default] [rscale=0.5]

\starttext

Hello world! \switchtobodyfont[one] One \switchtobodyfont[two] Two

\stoptext

If you switch the two \definetypeface lines, you'll see what I mean.
And since my module defines both a font "greek" and "altgreek," each
with its own rscale, that's why I was seeing it in my files and
couldn't reproduce the error at first.

Not easy to find...

All best

Thomas