On 18 Oct 2005, at 15:51, Hans Hagen wrote: > has to do with the definition of 'beta' and 'stable' and such; form > the trafic on the tex live list i conclude that debian is in the > process of getting tex packages more up to date > > Hans > Dear Hans, In relation to your reply above I replied to Kári Hreinsson in relation to getting Icelandic letters with this: > Dear Kári, > > This works for me. > > \usetypescript[modern][ec] > \setupbodyfont[10pt,rm] > > \enableregime[utf] > \setupencoding[default=ec] > \useencoding[ec] > > \starttext > aábcdðeéfghiíjklmnoópqrstuúvxyzþæö > AÁBCDÐEÉFGHIÍJKLMNOÓPQRSTUÚVXYZ\Thorn{}ÆÖ > \stoptext > > Try that. I am using ConTeXt through the T2005 install by Gerben > Wierda. > but on looking at my output again the ö and Ö (o umlaut) do not appear when using the 'modern' typescript above. They do appear using 'palatino'. Is this a problem with modern? Best wishes, Charlie ******************* Charles Doherty, Early Irish History, Room K113, School of History, John Henry Newman Building, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4 Tel: +353 1 716 8381