On 11 mars 2010, at 01:23, Aditya Mahajan wrote: > […] > Is there some sort of a standard for the abbreviations of such functions? Does the standard just depend on your main language, or does it also depend on a particular field? > > Depending on that, we should either switch the labels based on the main language, or using a \setupmathematics switch. > > Aditya Hi, The matter of abbreviations for mathematical functions depends on countries, or maybe on languages: in French, somewhat like in Polish, the trigonometric functions tangent, cotangent are denoted as \tg, \cotg, and \arcsin is printed rather as arc{\,}sin. So the solution pointed out by Hans works fine (it is something like \quote{} which yields different quotation marks depending on how \mainlanguage[] is set). I just tested the example given by Hans with the latest beta… (indeed only in mkiv, since mkii is frozen). Eventually maybe the best solution would be to have \setupmathematics[mainlanguage=pl] Best regards: OK