Hi Mari, the command to switch columns is \column. You can influence the outcome by setting up tolerance. You could probably better use also the height and width operators in \setuplayout I suggest not to use columns for this purpose, because depending on the length of words in either language you will get shifted information. What about tabulate environment? For usability reasons you might also think of using CSV data table, enabling you to check the translations easily. I would suggest to use a topspace of at least the space the printer can not print on the paper I submit the edited file again. Success with the recipes! Willi