* text overlayed
@ 2013-03-04 11:02 Roland Thiers
From: Roland Thiers @ 2013-03-04 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,
I'm learning a little bit of metapost language, using metafun manual.
I made some background for a title (surely the code is awful, thanks
for suggestions of improvement) but it's static, i'd like to adapt it to
the widthof the text. I don't know if it is possible from my code
and if it is i don't know how to do !
Thanks for any help,
best regards, Roland
My code :
\setuplayout[width=fit,height=fit,header=0cm,topspace=1.8cm,footer=1.2cm,%
bottomspace=1cm,backspace=6cm,leftmargin=1.5cm,
leftmargindistance=0.5cm,rightmargin=1cm,rightmargindistance=0.5cm,
location=singlesided]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{essai}
path p,p',q,q';
p:=(0,0.1cm)--(12cm,0.3cm);
 q:=(11cm,-0.7cm)--(11.5cm,2.2cm);
p':=(11.7cm,1.3cm)--(-0.4cm,1.4cm);
 q':=(0.3cm,2.4cm)--(0.2cm,-0.3cm);
 draw p withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor 0.3white;
 draw p' withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor 0.3white;
 draw q withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor 0.3white;
 draw q' withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor 0.3white;
pair A; A:=q'intersectionpoint p';
pair B; B:=q intersectionpoint p';
pair C; C:=p intersectionpoint q;
pair D; D:=q'intersectionpoint p;
path s; s:= A--B--C--D--cycle;
fill s withcolor .8white;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic
\starttext
\defineoverlay[encadrement][\uniqueMPgraphic{essai}]
\framed[frame=off,background=encadrement]{\it\tfb\color[darkred]{Devoir de
mathématiques}}
\stoptext

* Re: text overlayed
@ 2013-03-04 11:37 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-03-04 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2013–03–04 Roland Thiers wrote:

> I'm learning a little bit of metapost language, using metafun manual.
> I made some background for a title (surely the code is awful, thanks
> for suggestions of improvement) but it's static, i'd like to adapt it to
> the widthof the text. I don't know if it is possible from my code
> and if it is i don't know how to do !

You can use the variable OverlayWidth to obtain the width of the
overlay, which is determined by the provided text. You can use it as
follows:

\setuplayout
  [backspace=6cm]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{essai}
  path p,p',q,q';

  w:=2OverlayWidth;

  p := (0,0.1cm)     -- (w,0.3cm);
  q := (11cm,-0.7cm) -- (w,2.2cm);
  p':= (w,1.3cm)     -- (-0.4cm,1.4cm);
  q':= (0.3cm,2.4cm) -- (0.2cm,-0.3cm);

  pickup pencircle scaled 1mm;
  drawoptions(withcolor 0.3white);

  draw p; draw p';
  draw q; draw q';

  pair A; A:=q'intersectionpoint p';
  pair B; B:=q intersectionpoint p';
  pair C; C:=p intersectionpoint q;
  pair D; D:=q'intersectionpoint p;
  path s; s:= A--B--C--D--cycle;

  fill s withcolor .8white;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay
  [encadrement]
  [\uniqueMPgraphic{essai}]

\defineframed
  [boxframed]
  [frame=off,
   foregroundstyle=bolditalic,
   foregroundcolor=darkred,
   background=encadrement]

\starttext
  \boxframed{Devoir de mathématiques}
  \blank [2cm]
  \boxframed{Devoir de mathématiques and some more text}
\stoptext

Marco

* Re: text overlayed
@ 2013-03-04 13:30   ` Roland Thiers
From: Roland Thiers @ 2013-03-04 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 4 mars 13 à 12:37, Marco Patzer a écrit :

> On 2013–03–04 Roland Thiers wrote:
>
>> I'm learning a little bit of metapost language, using metafun manual.
>> I made some background for a title (surely the code is awful, thanks
>> for suggestions of improvement) but it's static, i'd like to adapt
>> it to
>> the widthof the text. I don't know if it is possible from my code
>> and if it is i don't know how to do !
>
> You can use the variable OverlayWidth to obtain the width of the
> overlay, which is determined by the provided text. You can use it as
> follows:
>
> \setuplayout
>  [backspace=6cm]
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{essai}
>  path p,p',q,q';
>
>  w:=2OverlayWidth;
>
>  p := (0,0.1cm)     -- (w,0.3cm);
>  q := (11cm,-0.7cm) -- (w,2.2cm);
>  p':= (w,1.3cm)     -- (-0.4cm,1.4cm);
>  q':= (0.3cm,2.4cm) -- (0.2cm,-0.3cm);
>
>  pickup pencircle scaled 1mm;
>  drawoptions(withcolor 0.3white);
>
>  draw p; draw p';
>  draw q; draw q';
>
>  pair A; A:=q'intersectionpoint p';
>  pair B; B:=q intersectionpoint p';
>  pair C; C:=p intersectionpoint q;
>  pair D; D:=q'intersectionpoint p;
>  path s; s:= A--B--C--D--cycle;
>
>  fill s withcolor .8white;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> \defineoverlay
>  [encadrement]
>  [\uniqueMPgraphic{essai}]
>
> \defineframed
>  [boxframed]
>  [frame=off,
>   foregroundstyle=bolditalic,
>   foregroundcolor=darkred,
>   background=encadrement]
>
> \starttext
>  \boxframed{Devoir de mathématiques}
>  \blank [2cm]
>  \boxframed{Devoir de mathématiques and some more text}
> \stoptext
>

> Marco
Great ! Thank you very much, Marco ! I saw the use of the numeric
variable OverlayWidth and also all your improvements
like drawoptions, defineframed ... in preamble.
Roland