* index: distinguish entries by pagestyle
@ 2013-01-14 13:54 Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2013-01-14 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I got a question considering the registers. I'd like to distinguish between the definition of some term and its appearance/use somewhere else (boldface vs. normal font of page number for instance). The garden provides a solution, which does not seem to work for me:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\setupregister[index][nb][pagestyle=bold]

\starttext

My \index[nb::dog]{dog}dog is a cat\index{cat}.

\placeindex
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

(modified from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Registers).

What I'd like to have is, that dog appears with a bold page number and that cat doesn't.

ConTeXt  ver: 2013.01.10 01:04 MKIV  fmt: 2013.1.11

Cheers,
Andreas

* Re: index: distinguish entries by pagestyle
@ 2013-01-14 16:26 ` Schmitz Thomas A.
From: Schmitz Thomas A. @ 2013-01-14 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:54 PM, Andreas Mang <mang@imt.uni-luebeck.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I got a question considering the registers. I'd like to distinguish between the definition of some term and its appearance/use somewhere else (boldface vs. normal font of page number for instance). The garden provides a solution, which does not seem to work for me:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \setupregister[index][nb][pagestyle=bold]
>
> \starttext
>
> My \index[nb::dog]{dog}dog is a cat\index{cat}.
>
> \placeindex
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> (modified from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Registers).
>
> What I'd like to have is, that dog appears with a bold page number and that cat doesn't.

Your example produces the expected output with Mkii, and your code is OK, so i assume this must be a bug in Mkiv. Hans?

Thomas

* Re: index: distinguish entries by pagestyle
@ 2013-01-14 16:36   ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2013-01-14 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

···<date: 2013-01-14, Monday>···<from: Schmitz Thomas A.>···

> On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:54 PM, Andreas Mang <mang@imt.uni-luebeck.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I got a question considering the registers. I'd like to distinguish between the definition of some term and its appearance/use somewhere else (boldface vs. normal font of page number for instance). The garden provides a solution, which does not seem to work for me:
> >
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > \setupregister[index][nb][pagestyle=bold]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > My \index[nb::dog]{dog}dog is a cat\index{cat}.
> >
> > \placeindex
> > \stoptext
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >
> > (modified from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Registers).
> >
> > What I'd like to have is, that dog appears with a bold page number and that cat doesn't.
>
> Your example produces the expected output with Mkii, and your code is OK, so i assume this must be a bug in Mkiv. Hans?

Hi Andreas and Thomas,

this was reported a while back [0] but is still a “todo” in the
source [1].

Regards
Philipp

[0] http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/059544.html
[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/context.git/blob/refs/heads/origin:/tex/context/base/strc-reg.mkiv

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: index: distinguish entries by pagestyle
@ 2013-01-15  8:31     ` Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2013-01-15  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Jan 14, 2013 um 5:36 PM schrieb Philipp Gesang <Philipp.Gesang@alumni.uni-heidelberg.de>:

> ···<date: 2013-01-14, Monday>···<from: Schmitz Thomas A.>···
>

>> On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:54 PM, Andreas Mang <mang@imt.uni-luebeck.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I got a question considering the registers. I'd like to distinguish between the definition of some term and its appearance/use somewhere else (boldface vs. normal font of page number for instance). The garden provides a solution, which does not seem to work for me:
>>>
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>> \setupregister[index][nb][pagestyle=bold]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> My \index[nb::dog]{dog}dog is a cat\index{cat}.
>>>
>>> \placeindex
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>
>>> (modified from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Registers).
>>>
>>> What I'd like to have is, that dog appears with a bold page number and that cat doesn't.
>>
>> Your example produces the expected output with Mkii, and your code is OK, so i assume this must be a bug in Mkiv. Hans?
>
> Hi Andreas and Thomas,
>
> this was reported a while back [0] but is still a “todo” in the
> source [1].
>
> [0] http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/059544.html
> [1] http://repo.or.cz/w/context.git/blob/refs/heads/origin:/tex/context/base/strc-reg.mkiv

Hi there,

Thomas & Philipp: Thanks a lot for looking into this.

In my opinion this is a very helpful feature, as it allows to differentiate between definition and use.

@Hans: May I humbly ask, if it is possible to fix this?! (it doesn't hurt to ask, I suppose ;) )

       [not found] <mailman.335.1358240913.2489.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-01-15 13:23 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2013-01-15 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 15 Jan 2013, at 10:08 ,  Andreas Mang <mang@imt.uni-luebeck.de> wrote

> In my opinion this is a very helpful feature, as it allows to differentiate between definition and use.
>
> @Hans: May I humbly ask, if it is possible to fix this?! (it doesn't hurt to ask, I suppose ;) )
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
 +1 !!