* README for pending new subscribers  March 2021
@ 2021-04-01 14:52 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2021-04-01 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Regretfully, we have had problems with a hacker messing with the html subscription page of this mailing list. In mitigation, we have disabled web - based subscription requests completely.

Unfortunately, it was impossible for us to differentiate between "hacked" and “legit” subscription requests made during the month of March 2021 so to prevent our mail server from being blacklisted as email sender we have had to discard all pending subscription requests.

This means that anyone that has tried to subscribe to ntg-context during the past month (that has not received a confirmation message from mailman welcoming them to the mailing list) will have to re-start the subscription process.

Apologetically,
Taco

—
Taco Hoekwater              E: taco@bittext.nl
genderfluid (all pronouns)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-01 14:52 UTC | newest]