* Re: letter module: different first page for multiple letters in one file
       [not found] <mailman.1.1255168807.440.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-10-10 16:29 ` Michael Green
From: Michael Green @ 2009-10-10 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Oct 10, 2009, at 3:00 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 10.10.2009 um 01:48 schrieb Michael Green:
>
>> I have one file containing several letters that I process using
>> Wolfgang's letter module.
>>
>> I have a special background for the first page of a letter. I define
>> and set three layers: PCLogo, PCDept, and PCAddress. Here is a
>> representative example:
>> \definelayer
>>  [PCLogo]
>>  [width=\paperwidth,
>>   height=\paperheight,
>>   preset=lefttop,
>>   y=20pt,
>>   state=start]
>>
>> Then I make these layers backgrounds like so:
>>
>> \setupletterstyle[lettermain][background={PCLogo,PCDept,PCAddress}]
>>
>> The result I *get* is that the first letter in the file gets the
>> background on its first page as normal. But the subsequent letters
>> do not. Their first pages are plain.
>>
>> The result I *want* is for each letter to have the background on its
>> first page, like the first letter in the file gets.
>>
>> How can I achieve that?
>
> Are your graphics for stationary or logos and headers etc.
>
> Wolfgang

I'm trying to emulate my college's stationery. The layers I made
include one graphic and two boxes of text.

We use the graphic and two text boxes on the first page of a letter.
The other pages use plain sheets of paper.

You also showed me how to get the effect I want in a separate
message. This solution worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

The solution:

> \usemodule[letter]
>
> \definelayer[PC][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
>
> \startsetups PC
>
> \setlayer[PC][y=20pt]{...}
>
> \setlayer[PC][x=..,y=..]{...}
>
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupletterstyle[lettermain][setups=PC,background=PC]
>
> ... % more settings
>
> \starttext
>
> \startletter
> \stopletter
>
> ... % more letters
>
> \stoptext

As I understand it,  \setupletterstyle[lettermain][setups=PC,…] means
that those setups are repeated with every letter. Hence, the desired
effect.

Thanks again!

Michael

* Re: letter module: different first page for multiple letters in one file
@ 2009-10-10 11:49 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-10-10 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.10.2009 um 01:48 schrieb Michael Green:

> I have one file containing several letters that I process using
> Wolfgang's letter module.
>
> I have a special background for the first page of a letter. I define
> and set three layers: PCLogo, PCDept, and PCAddress. Here is a
> representative example:
> \definelayer
>  [PCLogo]
>  [width=\paperwidth,
>   height=\paperheight,
>   preset=lefttop,
>   y=20pt,
>   state=start]
>
> Then I make these layers backgrounds like so:
>
> \setupletterstyle[lettermain][background={PCLogo,PCDept,PCAddress}]
>
> The result I *get* is that the first letter in the file gets the
> background on its first page as normal. But the subsequent letters
> do not. Their first pages are plain.
>
> The result I *want* is for each letter to have the background on its
> first page, like the first letter in the file gets.

It's the normal behavior of layers to forget their content after
the first usage but there are mechanism to store it and reuse
the saved settings multiple times.

@ 2009-10-10  6:06 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-10-10  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-10-09 23:48 Michael Green