* tex placeholder for use in metapost/metafun
@ 2010-09-10 20:45 Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-09-10 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi everybody,

as I like to desing a CI for an publishing Cover for an Organisation, I
have a question about usage:

What I wanna do is, having placeholders in the metapost coverpage, it
should work like

\author{}
\title{}
\swlogo{}

in the preamble

and should be automatically placed in the metapost graphic at runtime....

what would be the best way to do that?

I thought about

\def\author{content}

and then in metapost \btex\author\etex

but not sure if it will work, or is there a more ConTeXtian way to do
so...

Thanks for your help

--
Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
Auf dem Sattler 4

To downgrade the human mind is bad theology.
- C. K. Chesterton

* Re: tex placeholder for use in metapost/metafun
@ 2010-09-11  4:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-11  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.09.2010 um 22:45 schrieb Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz:

> Hi everybody,
>
> as I like to desing a CI for an publishing Cover for an Organisation, I
> have a question about usage:
>
> What I wanna do is, having placeholders in the metapost coverpage, it
> should work like
>
> \author{}
> \title{}
> \swlogo{}
>
> in the preamble
>
> and should be automatically placed in the metapost graphic at runtime....
>
> what would be the best way to do that?
>
> I thought about
>
> \def\author{content}
>

> and then in metapost \btex\author\etex
>
> but not sure if it will work, or is there a more ConTeXtian way to do
> so...

You can set the values with

\setvariables
  [document]
  [author=...,
   title=...,
   logo=...]

and access them with

\getvariable{document}{author}

You can also test for a content of the variable:

\doifvariable{document}{logo}{\externalfigure[\getvariable{document}{logo}]}

Wolfgang