* preventing endnotes from running off the page
@ 2018-08-05 22:54 Robert Zydenbos
From: Robert Zydenbos @ 2018-08-05 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

When using endnotes, it seems that all the notes that are collected in the text are placed together in a frame – but I have so many notes in a chapter that the frame runs off the last page.

Is there any way to let the endnotes run on naturally to the next page?

Robert

* Re: preventing endnotes from running off the page
@ 2018-08-06 15:48 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-08-06 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 08/06/2018 12:54 AM, Robert Zydenbos wrote:
> When using endnotes, it seems that all the notes that are collected
> in the text are placed together in a frame – but I have so many notes
> in a chapter that the frame runs off the last page.
>
> Is there any way to let the endnotes run on naturally to the next page?

Hi Robert,

I’m not sure I understand your issue. At least, I’m not able to
reproduce it:

    \starttext
    \dorecurse{500}{\recurselevel\endnote{This is an endnote.} }

    \placenotes[endnote]
    \stoptext

Could you modify the sample to reproduce your issue?

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: preventing endnotes from running off the page
@ 2018-08-06 21:11   ` Robert Zydenbos
From: Robert Zydenbos @ 2018-08-06 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for your sample, Pablo – because you left out something that I had wrongly included, and that evidently is what caused the trouble.

I had \footnote everywhere in my text and wanted not to change all of them to \endnote but, instead, I had put a \setupfootnotes[location=text] at the top of the file and a \placenotes [footnote] at the bottom, where I wanted the notes to appear. (Why? Because I could not figure out how to keep the proper font formatting if I used \endnote without adding an explicit font command at the beginning of each endnote.)

That apparently was a mistake. It was solved by \setupfootnotes[location=none].

Robert