* inproceedings failes me
@ 2012-08-05 18:35 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-08-05 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

Bibtex's inproceedings gives me an error.

entries:

@inproceedings{elgamal:84,
Author = {T. ElGamal},
Crossref = {crypto84},
Pages = {10--18},
Title = {{A Public Key Cryptosystem and a Signature Scheme Based on Discrete Logarithms}}}
@proceedings{crypto84,
Booktitle = {{Proceedings of Crypto '84}},
Editor = {G. R. Blakley and D. Chaum},
Publisher = pub-springer,
Series = j-lncs,
Title = {{Advances in Cryptology}},
Volume = {196},
Year = {1985}}
These worked in the past and should be ok.

The error is:
<to be read again>
                  \pbd:
\bibgetvart #1->\csname pbd:#1\endcsname
                                        \plussix
\bibalternative ... \??pv \@@currentalternative #1
                                                 \endcsname
\dotypesetapublication ...ative {\bibgetvart {#1}}
                                                 \removeunwantedspaces \egr...
\9>>3 #1,->\dobibdata {#1}
                         \syst_helpers_do_process_comma_item
\syst_helpers_do_process_comma_list ...rgument #1,
                                                 ]\relax \global \advance \...
l.5 ...elijke klaartekst\footnotecite[elgamal:84].

Version of ConTeXt:
ConTeXt  ver: 2012.07.20 00:58 MKIV  fmt: 2012.7.22  int: english/english

Version of bibtex according to the log
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99d (TeX Live 2012)

\footnotecite puts an bibentry in a footnote, other citations pose no problem, just inproceedings.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: inproceedings failes me
@ 2012-08-05 18:48 ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-08-05 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe it helps if add my def's. Just forgot them in my previous post, sorry.

% Usage: \footnotecite[citation,citation,.. ][optional text]
%        \footnotecite[citation,citation,..,][optional text on new line]
%        \footnotecite[citation,,citation,..][optional text] white within
\def\bibentry#1{\noexpand\bibentrypar\cite[data][#1]\strut}
\def\footnotecite{\dodoubleargument\dofootnotecite}
\def\dofootnotecite[#1][#2]{%
\def\bibentrypar{\def\bibentrypar{\par}}%
\unskip\footnote{\processcommalist[#1]\bibentry
\doifnotempty{#2}{\space#2\strut\par}}}

It might be the \processcommalist that now makes this code fail, but I cannot see why.

Hans van der Meer

On 5 aug. 2012, at 20:35, Meer, H. van der wrote:

> Bibtex's inproceedings gives me an error.
>
> entries:
>
> @inproceedings{elgamal:84,
> Author = {T. ElGamal},
> Crossref = {crypto84},
> Pages = {10--18},
> Title = {{A Public Key Cryptosystem and a Signature Scheme Based on Discrete Logarithms}}}
> @proceedings{crypto84,
> Booktitle = {{Proceedings of Crypto '84}},
> Editor = {G. R. Blakley and D. Chaum},
> Publisher = pub-springer,
> Series = j-lncs,
> Title = {{Advances in Cryptology}},
> Volume = {196},
> Year = {1985}}
> These worked in the past and should be ok.
>
> The error is:
> <to be read again>
>                   \pbd:
> \bibgetvart #1->\csname pbd:#1\endcsname
>                                         \plussix
> \bibalternative ... \??pv \@@currentalternative #1
>                                                  \endcsname
> \dotypesetapublication ...ative {\bibgetvart {#1}}
>                                                  \removeunwantedspaces \egr...
> \9>>3 #1,->\dobibdata {#1}
>                          \syst_helpers_do_process_comma_item
> \syst_helpers_do_process_comma_list ...rgument #1,
>                                                  ]\relax \global \advance \...
> l.5 ...elijke klaartekst\footnotecite[elgamal:84].
>
> Version of ConTeXt:
> ConTeXt  ver: 2012.07.20 00:58 MKIV  fmt: 2012.7.22  int: english/english
>
> Version of bibtex according to the log
> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99d (TeX Live 2012)
>
> \footnotecite puts an bibentry in a footnote, other citations pose no problem, just inproceedings.
>
> Hans van der Meer

* Re: inproceedings failes me
@ 2012-08-05 20:46   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-08-05 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

This error rang a bell after sifting (slowly) down into my subconscience, it seemed.
But back in september last year I remembered having the same sort of problem. After much detective work I then found the culprit being \bibinsertcrossref. The solution proved to be the following redefinition:

\unprotect
\def\bibinsertcrossref#1#2#3{\bibdoifelse\@@pb@crossref{\edef\tmp{\@@pb@crossref}#1\cite[\tmp]#2}{#3}}
\protect

Doing this, the error dispappears. I think I reported it at the time, but that message might have been passed unnoticed.
I therefore post this again. Will this be included in the next beta? Or perhaps something better than my (possibly clumsy) stopgap?

Hans van der Meer