* makeup in right (or odd) page?
@ 2015-03-04 18:45 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-03-04 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \setuppapersize[A5]
    \definemakeup[colophon][page={yes, blank, right}]
    \starttext
    \dorecurse{6}{\input zapf}
    \startmakeup[colophon]
    This is the colophon
    \stopmakeup

I need to have the colophon in an odd page. I thought that the option
page would do the work, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Which is the right way to get a makeup on an odd page?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: makeup in right (or odd) page?
@ 2015-03-04 18:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-03-04 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 04.03.2015 um 19:45 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>    \setuppapersize[A5]
>    \definemakeup[colophon][page={yes, blank, right}]
>    \starttext
>    \dorecurse{6}{\input zapf}
>    \startmakeup[colophon]
>    This is the colophon
>    \stopmakeup
>
> I need to have the colophon in an odd page. I thought that the option
> page would do the work, but it doesn’t seem to work.
>
> Which is the right way to get a makeup on an odd page?

By default context produces only singlesided documents where
command which force left or right page are ignored. When you
want a doublesided document you can choose between two options.

The first option uses a different (mirrored) layout for left and right
pages and is enabled with

The second option uses the same layout for left and right pages
(i.e. the left and right margins on each page are the same) and
is enabled with

    \setuppagenumbering[alternative={singlesided,doublesided}]

Wolfgang

* Re: makeup in right (or odd) page?
@ 2015-03-04 19:11   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-03-04 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Am 04.03.2015 um 19:45 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>> [...]
>> I need to have the colophon in an odd page. I thought that the option
>> page would do the work, but it doesn’t seem to work.
>>
>> Which is the right way to get a makeup on an odd page?
>
> By default context produces only singlesided documents where
> command which force left or right page are ignored. When you
> want a doublesided document you can choose between two options.

Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.

I forgot to include in my minimal sample the doublesided option.

I’m afraid it doesn’t work either:

    \definemakeup[colophon][page=right]
    \starttext
    \input zapf\par
    \startmakeup[colophon]
    This is the colophon
    \stopmakeup

What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2015-03-04 19:38     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-03-04 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 04.03.2015 um 20:11 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>
> On 03/04/2015 07:57 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Am 04.03.2015 um 19:45 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>>> [...]
>>> I need to have the colophon in an odd page. I thought that the option
>>> page would do the work, but it doesn’t seem to work.
>>>
>>> Which is the right way to get a makeup on an odd page?
>>
>> By default context produces only singlesided documents where
>> command which force left or right page are ignored. When you
>> want a doublesided document you can choose between two options.
>
> Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.
>
> I forgot to include in my minimal sample the doublesided option.
>
> I’m afraid it doesn’t work either:
>
>    \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>    \definemakeup[colophon][page=right]
>    \starttext
>    \input zapf\par
>    \startmakeup[colophon]
>    This is the colophon
>    \stopmakeup
>
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> Many thanks for your help,

It’s a bug in page-mak.mkvi

\def\page_makeup_start_indeed[#name][#settings]%
  {% the next grouping hack is somewhat messy:
   \begingroup
   % we need to figure out the current layout
   \xdef\m_page_makeup_name{#name}%
   \let\currentmakeup\m_page_makeup_name
   \let\currentlayout\m_page_makeup_name
   \xdef\m_page_makeup_layout_parent{\layoutparameter\s!parent}%
   \setupcurrentmakeup[#settings]%
   \edef\p_page{\makeupparameter\c!page}%
   \ifx\p_page\empty
     \endgroup
     \page % new, so best not have dangling mess here like references (we could capture then and flush embedded)
   \else\ifx\p_page\v!no
     % nothing
     \endgroup
   \else
-    \endgroup
-    \page[\p_page]%
+    \normalexpanded{\endgroup\page[\p_page]}%
   \fi\fi
   …

The value of the page key is used after the closing group command. To fix this
the content of \p_page has to be expanded before the group is closed.

Wolfgang

* Re: makeup in right (or odd) page?
@ 2015-03-04 20:31       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-03-04 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Am 04.03.2015 um 20:11 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>> [...]
>> Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.
>>
>> I forgot to include in my minimal sample the doublesided option.
>>
>> I’m afraid it doesn’t work either.
>
> It’s a bug in page-mak.mkvi

Many thanks for your reply and your fix, Wolfgang.

> The value of the page key is used after the closing group command. To fix this
> the content of \p_page has to be expanded before the group is closed.

I wonder whether this is related to the fact of getting a final blank
even page.

    \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, page=]
    \definemakeup[colophon][page=right]
    \starttext
    \input zapf\par
    \startmakeup[colophon]
    This is the colophon
    \stopmakeup

The way to disable it was suggested by Hans
(http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2014/078949.html)

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2015-03-04 21:44         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-03-04 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 04.03.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>
> On 03/04/2015 08:38 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Am 04.03.2015 um 20:11 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>>> [...]
>>> Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.
>>>
>>> I forgot to include in my minimal sample the doublesided option.
>>>
>>> I’m afraid it doesn’t work either.
>>
>> It’s a bug in page-mak.mkvi
>
> Many thanks for your reply and your fix, Wolfgang.
>
>> The value of the page key is used after the closing group command. To fix this
>> the content of \p_page has to be expanded before the group is closed.
>
> I wonder whether this is related to the fact of getting a final blank
> even page.

No, both things are unrelated.

Wolfgang