* Lilypond for a newbie
       [not found] <mailman.1471.1183753518.2368.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-07-06 21:46 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-07-06 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

I saw some discussions of Lilypond here, but did not understand it. :) Please, tell me as for a newbie, how to use Lilypond with ConTeXt? I have some .ly files prepared and tested, but I know nothing better then to render them as .png and then include in a document as images.

Thanks and best regards,
  Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: Lilypond for a newbie
@ 2007-07-08  8:42   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2007-07-08  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2007-07-06 um 23:46 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:

> I saw some discussions of Lilypond here, but did not understand
> it. :) Please, tell me as for a newbie, how to use Lilypond with
> ConTeXt? I have some .ly files prepared and tested, but I know
> nothing better then to render them as .png and then include in a
> document as images.

see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond

see also several other threads about LilyPond - I just posted the
latest version of the lilypond module, but have no time for testing,
bugfixing or enhancing at the moment.

Of course you can simply use LilyPond's EPS or PDF output as images.
NEVER use bitmaps (like PNGs) if you can get scalable data!

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/