* Re: splitting bibliographic references
       [not found] <mailman.1197.1412032661.2240.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-09-30  7:45 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2014-09-30  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 30 Sep 2014,  Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote
> I?m working on a project for a book that is a collection of essays.
> Each one needs at its end a list of references.
>

> But how can I force context to take into account only a portion of text for generating bibliographic references and for inserting a block of references after a section?
> (To collect all refs in a single bib file or to have split bib files is not an issue)

Hi Andrea,
It probably depends on whether you cite your bibliographic references in the text of your essay, or only a part of them.

What I would do anyway is to make a subsection or a subject “References" after each essay, add the references that I have not cited in my text as \nocite[key] and finish with  \placepublications[criterium=cite].

I should perhaps add that I always process my projects without using the bib-module. I separately make the necessary .bbl-files, which I linput before \starttext. It gives me a lot of flexibility.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

* Re: splitting bibliographic references
@ 2014-09-30  8:14   ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2014-09-30  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Robert.

> It probably depends on whether you cite your bibliographic references in the text of your essay, or only a part of them.

I’m working now on the bib files, so I can consider having a single bib for all essays, or split bib files (maybe cleaner).

> What I would do anyway is to make a subsection or a subject “References" after each essay, add the references that I have not cited in my text as \nocite[key] and finish with  \placepublications[criterium=cite].

Hmm, I’m tweaking a test like this, but I’m getting a single ref section on top, including both citations.

\setupbibtex[database={cim2014template},sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\starttext
this is a test\cite{malham19953d}
\placepublications[criterium=cite]
\page

% readd or not? Doesn't change
\setupbibtex[database={cim2014template},sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

Now another\cite{SoDAICMC}
\placepublications[criterium=cite]

\stoptext

> I should perhaps add that I always process my projects without using the bib-module. I separately make the necessary .bbl-files, which I linput before \starttext. It gives me a lot of flexibility.

Could you provide a minimal example?

I’ve never used ConTeXt for this, and I’m a bit stuck

Thanks a lot!

Best

-a-

@ 2014-09-30 18:35 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2014-09-30 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:17:14 +0200
Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote:

> But how can I force context to take into account only a portion of
> text for generating bibliographic references and for inserting a
> block of references after a section?

With the new bibliography subsystem (still work in progress), you can
use \placelistofpublications [criterium=section]

Alan

* Re: splitting bibliographic references
       [not found] <mailman.1202.1412070350.2240.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-09-30 11:43 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2014-09-30 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 30 Sep 2014, at 11:45 , Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote

> Could you provide a minimal example?
>
> I?ve never used ConTeXt for this, and I?m a bit stuck

Hi Andrea,

Here is a “minimal" example.  It is for mkii now but you can easily switch to mkiv by changing the starting (and stopping) of the chapters.
Is this what you had in mind?

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

%Ref.: ntg-context Digest, Vol 123, Issue 46, 30-09-2014
%Subject:  splitting bibliographic references

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={{Lam}81},totalnumber=4]

\startpublication[k=Arnold:1931bl,t=booklet,
a={{{Arnold, Franck. T.}}},y=1931,
n=4,s={Arn}31]
\author[]{}[]{}{{Arnold, Franck. T.}}
\pubyear{1931}
\title{{The Art of Accompaniment from a Thorough-Bass as practiced in the 17th
  and 18th centuries}}
\pubname{The Holland Press}
\city{London}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=ChristensenT:1992qzbl,t=booklet,
a={{{Christensen, Thomas}}},y=,
n=3,s={Chr}]
\author[]{}[]{}{{Christensen, Thomas}}
\title{{{\em \quote{The Spanish Baroque Guitar and Seventeenth-Century Triadic
  Theory}}, JMT, {\em 36 (1992), 1-42}}}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=Dreyfus-Laurence:1987zbl,t=booklet,
a={{{Dreyfus, Laurence}}},y=1987,
n=2,s={Dre}87]
\author[]{}[]{}{{Dreyfus, Laurence}}
\pubyear{1987}
\title{{Bach's Continuo Group: Players and Practices in his Vocal Works}}
\city{Cambridge}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=Lamott:1981crbl,t=booklet,
a={{{Lamott, Bruce A.}}},y=1981,
n=1,s={Lam}81]
\author[]{}[]{}{{Lamott, Bruce A.}}
\pubyear{1981}
\title{{{\em \quote{Keyboard Improvisation according to \quotation{Nova
  instructio pro pulsandis organis}, 1670-{\em c}1675} by Spiridion a Monte
  Carmelo, Ph.D.~diss.~(Stanford U., 1980), repr.}}}
\city{Ann Arbor, MI}
\stoppublication

\starttext
\chapter{Knuth}%mkii
%\startchapter[bookmark=,list=,title={Knuth}]%mkiv
\input knuth
\section{References}

\nocite[Arnold:1931bl]
\nocite[ChristensenT:1992qzbl]

\placepublications[criterium=cite]
%\stopchapter%mkiv

\chapter{Tufte}%mkii
%\startchapter[bookmark=,list=,title={Tufte}]%mkiv
\input tufte
\section{References}

\nocite[Dreyfus-Laurence:1987zbl]
\nocite[Lamott:1981crbl]