* Greek module still in use?
@ 2008-04-30 10:47 cidadaum
From: cidadaum @ 2008-04-30 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Is the greek module still in use?
I have been trying to use it wiht xetex but texexec says "can't find
module ancient greek". I have have some quotations in Ancient Greek.
the font I am using is palatino.

* Re: Greek module still in use?
@ 2008-04-30 12:03 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-04-30 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 30, 2008, at 12:47 PM, cidadaum@sapo.pt wrote:

> Is the greek module still in use?
> I have been trying to use it wiht xetex but texexec says "can't find
> module ancient greek". I have have some quotations in Ancient Greek.
> the font I am using is palatino.

I haven't finished adapting the module with XeTeX, but the error you
report has nothing to do with XeTeX; it simply shows that you haven't
installed the module in the right way. But more information is needed
to help you.

Thomas

* Re: Greek module still in use?
@ 2008-05-01  2:26   ` cidadaum
From: cidadaum @ 2008-05-01  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I haven't finished adapting the module with XeTeX, but the error you
> report has nothing to do with XeTeX; it simply shows that you haven't
> installed the module in the right way. But more information is needed
> to help you.

I have unzipped the folder to my texmf tree so it looks like this:

adsm@adsm:~> cd /usr/share/texmf
adsm@adsm:/usr/share/texmf> ls
bibtex  context  dvips    ls-R       mft      tex        t-greek-2008.04.30
bin     doc      fmtutil  makeindex  scripts  texconfig  web2c
chktex  dvipdfm  fonts    metafont   teTeX    texmf      xdvi
adsm@adsm:/usr/share/texmf>

Then I ran texhash.
I am using Linux OpenSuse 10.3 KDE.

armando martins

Citando "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>:

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 12:47 PM, cidadaum@sapo.pt wrote:
>
>> Is the greek module still in use?
>> I have been trying to use it wiht xetex but texexec says "can't find
>> module ancient greek". I have have some quotations in Ancient Greek.
>> the font I am using is palatino.
>
> I haven't finished adapting the module with XeTeX, but the error you
> report has nothing to do with XeTeX; it simply shows that you haven't
> installed the module in the right way. But more information is needed
> to help you.
>
> Thomas

* Re: Greek module still in use?
@ 2008-05-01  7:30     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-05-01  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 1, 2008, at 4:26 AM, cidadaum@sapo.pt wrote:

> I have unzipped the folder to my texmf tree so it looks like this:
>
> adsm@adsm:~> cd /usr/share/texmf
> adsm@adsm:/usr/share/texmf> ls
> bibtex  context  dvips    ls-R       mft      tex        t-
> greek-2008.04.30
> bin     doc      fmtutil  makeindex  scripts  texconfig  web2c
> chktex  dvipdfm  fonts    metafont   teTeX    texmf      xdvi
> adsm@adsm:/usr/share/texmf>
>
> Then I ran texhash.
> I am using Linux OpenSuse 10.3 KDE.
>
> armando martins

OK, there's nothing inherently wrong with what you did. I would
advise, however, to install additional packages either to the local
texmf tree or to you personal tree. These are defined in the file /etc/
texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf as
TEXMFLOCAL = /usr/local/share/texmf

and

TEXMFHOME = $HOME/TEXMF

You have unzipped into the main tree, so it should work as well. I
would ask you to make sure that the important files are in the right
position, so run

ls /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/third

and that the files are seen by TeX, so run

kpsewhere t-ancientgreek.tex

Post the output of these commands.

Thomas