Am 12.08.2011 um 07:52 schrieb Ian Lawrence: > So here is the simplest example I could manage… > > […] I show you how it’s done without problems on a simple example. All your files are in directory with the two subfolders “tex” for for subparts of your document and “graphic” for figures. relabs.tex relabs-environment.tex tex/pickedup.tex graphics/pic.pdf The content (i attached all files) of the tex-files is: \startproduct relabs \environment relabs-environment \section{Graphic} \placefigure[force] {A Graphic} {\externalfigure[pic]} \section{File} \component pickedup \stopproduct \startenvironment relabs-environment \doifmodeelse{*product} {\setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics}]} {\setupexternalfigures[directory={../graphics}]} \usepath[tex] \stopenvironment \startcomponent pickedup \environment relabs-environment \subsection{Text} \input knuth \subsection{Graphic} \placefigure[force] {Another graphic} {\externalfigure[pic]} \stopcomponent I used product and component because you can now set different figure paths for both files. When you process the product context should search in the “graphic” folder which is in the same folder but when you process the component context should first go into the parent folder and then look in “graphics”. For the inclusion of files you can specify with “\usepath” where context should look and all you need as argument for \component is the name of the file. Wolfgang