* Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-19 15:05 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-10-19 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi,

When using the \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup the text gets vertically centered on the page. Normally \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] would produce the text vertically aligned normally. However in the beta of today  \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] has no effect and the text is aligned vertically centered. - Do I miss something?

Willi

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-19 16:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-19 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-10-2011 17:05, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When using the \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup the text gets vertically centered on the page. Normally \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] would produce the text vertically aligned normally. However in the beta of today  \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] has no effect and the text is aligned vertically centered. - Do I miss something?

afaik nothing has been changes in that code for a while

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-19 17:54 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-10-19 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.10.2011 um 17:05 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Hi,
>
> When using the \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup the text gets vertically centered on the page. Normally \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] would produce the text vertically aligned normally. However in the beta of today  \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] has no effect and the text is aligned vertically centered. - Do I miss something?

Make a example, I can’t reproduce your mentioned results.

Wolfgang

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-19 18:13   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-19 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-10-2011 19:54, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 19.10.2011 um 17:05 schrieb Willi Egger:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When using the \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup the text gets vertically centered on the page. Normally \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] would produce the text vertically aligned normally. However in the beta of today  \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] has no effect and the text is aligned vertically centered. - Do I miss something?
>
> Make a example, I can’t reproduce your mentioned results.

FYI (and setups project): I just mkvi'd the code so we have chaining.
Also it wil use a defined layout with the same name if defined.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-19 20:03   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-10-19 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans told me, that one needs to set before and after for the lines to nil. Indeed that solves the problem as long as you do not want to insert extra white space between the lines. The effect of moving down the lines occurs also with inserting an empty line.

\setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=]
\setuplines[before=,after=]

\starttext
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
	\strut
	\godown[.25\textheight]
	\startalignment[middle]
		\startlines
			{\bfd Der Titel}
			\blank[line]
			{\bf De Untertitel}
		\stoplines
	\stopalignment
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

Willi
On 19 Oct 2011, at 19:54, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 19.10.2011 um 17:05 schrieb Willi Egger:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When using the \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup the text gets vertically centered on the page. Normally \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] would produce the text vertically aligned normally. However in the beta of today  \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=] has no effect and the text is aligned vertically centered. - Do I miss something?
>
> Make a example, I can’t reproduce your mentioned results.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-20 13:42     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-10-20 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.10.2011 um 22:03 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Hi,
>
> Hans told me, that one needs to set before and after for the lines to nil. Indeed that solves the problem as long as you do not want to insert extra white space between the lines. The effect of moving down the lines occurs also with inserting an empty line.

Add \vfill before \stopstandardmakeup.

> \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=]
> \setuplines[before=,after=]
>
> \starttext
> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
> 	\strut
> 	\godown[.25\textheight]
> 	\startalignment[middle]
> 		\startlines
> 			{\bfd Der Titel}
> 			\blank[line]
> 			{\bf De Untertitel}
> 		\stoplines
> 	\stopalignment
> \stopstandardmakeup
> \stoptext

You don’t need the lines environment because with the blank you get two separate lines
and the \strut is a bad idea because you get at the top a extra line with the command.

\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,align=middle,page=yes]
	\godown[.25\textheight]
	{\bfd Der Titel}
	\blank[line]
	{\bf De Untertitel}
	\vfill
\stopstandardmakeup

Wolfgang

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-21 19:01       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-10-21 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Wolfgang.

I do not remember but there was a time where \godown would not work without the strut. So I have mistaken this. And indeed the result is ok whithout the start- stoplines.

Thanks!

Willi
On 20 Oct 2011, at 15:42, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 19.10.2011 um 22:03 schrieb Willi Egger:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Hans told me, that one needs to set before and after for the lines to nil. Indeed that solves the problem as long as you do not want to insert extra white space between the lines. The effect of moving down the lines occurs also with inserting an empty line.
>
> Add \vfill before \stopstandardmakeup.
>
>> \setupmakeup[standard][top=,bottom=]
>> \setuplines[before=,after=]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
>> 	\strut
>> 	\godown[.25\textheight]
>> 	\startalignment[middle]
>> 		\startlines
>> 			{\bfd Der Titel}
>> 			\blank[line]
>> 			{\bf De Untertitel}
>> 		\stoplines
>> 	\stopalignment
>> \stopstandardmakeup
>> \stoptext
>

> You don’t need the lines environment because with the blank you get two separate lines
> and the \strut is a bad idea because you get at the top a extra line with the command.
>
> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,align=middle,page=yes]
> 	\godown[.25\textheight]
> 	{\bfd Der Titel}
> 	\blank[line]
> 	{\bf De Untertitel}
> 	\vfill
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Standardmakeup
@ 2011-10-22 12:47         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-10-22 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.10.2011 um 21:01 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Thank you Wolfgang.
>
> I do not remember but there was a time where \godown would not work without the strut. So I have mistaken this.

The makeup environments put the content in a \vbox and at the begin of a \vbox a vertical skip isn’t discarded as it would happen when you have it at the begin of a new page but in such a case you can use “\blank[force,…]”.

Wolfgang

* Re: standardmakeup...
@ 2012-01-17 11:11   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2012-01-17 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for enlighten me! - This works.

Willi
On 16 Jan 2012, at 23:04, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 16.01.2012 um 22:44 schrieb Willi Egger:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I tried to recompile a booklet. Then I realized that whatever I give for arguments the standardmakeup environment gives me an empty page although it should give only after the first standarmakeup an empty page but not after the second standardmakeup. - This behavior is encountered in all versions of Context I have on my machine based on luatex 0.70, including todays beta.
>>
>> May be I miss something?
>
> Change
>
>   \setupmakeup[standard][bottom=,top=]

>   \setupmakeup[standard][bottom=,top=,page=yes]
>
> BTW: The makeup environment has a align key (you can use this to get rid of all the \centerline and \leftaligned settings) and the font command (\bf, \bs etc.) don’t take argument and you can remove the braces.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: standardmakeup...
@ 2012-01-16 22:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-01-16 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.01.2012 um 22:44 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Dear all,
>
> I tried to recompile a booklet. Then I realized that whatever I give for arguments the standardmakeup environment gives me an empty page although it should give only after the first standarmakeup an empty page but not after the second standardmakeup. - This behavior is encountered in all versions of Context I have on my machine based on luatex 0.70, including todays beta.
>
> May be I miss something?

Change

   \setupmakeup[standard][bottom=,top=]

   \setupmakeup[standard][bottom=,top=,page=yes]

BTW: The makeup environment has a align key (you can use this to get rid of all the \centerline and \leftaligned settings) and the font command (\bf, \bs etc.) don’t take argument and you can remove the braces.

Wolfgang

* standardmakeup...
@ 2012-01-16 21:44 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2012-01-16 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)