* MetaPost input boxes
@ 2002-05-13 13:07 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-05-13 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

A feature of MetaPost I have made a lot of use of in the past is the macros
enabled by input boxes. Such macros as boxjoin, boxit, circleit I have found
very useful. Is there any intention to make these facilities compatible with
MetaFun?

Thanks
--
Nigel

* Re: MetaPost input boxes
@ 2002-05-21 20:28 ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-05-21 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Replying to my own earlier message in order not to confuse and explain my
error. (Silly now I see it.)

> A feature of MetaPost I have made a lot of use of in the past is the macros
> enabled by input boxes. Such macros as boxjoin, boxit, circleit I have found
> very useful. Is there any intention to make these facilities compatible with
> MetaFun?

Minimal working testfile below
--start---testboxes.tex----
\setupoutput[pdftex]

\startMPinclusions
  input boxes
\stopMPinclusions

\startuseMPgraphic{graphicname}
  boxit.a(btex test box etex);
  drawboxed (a);
\stopuseMPgraphic

\starttext
  \useMPgraphic{graphicname}
\stoptext
---end---testboxes.tex----

My error was that I placed the input boxes line in the
\startuseMPgraphic....\stopuseMPgraphic
which is then between
beginfig(1);...endfig;
rather than before the beginfig(1);

Since it had not worked I assumed that it would not work. I now realise this
is a poor assumption in ConTeXt since most things actually work if you can
only find the right way to make it work!

Thanks for an excellent system
--
Nigel