* Re: Context Upgrade color problems
       [not found] <B96506E3.93D0%king@dircon.co.uk>
@ 2002-07-25  9:25 ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-07-25  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Does anybody have a procedure that they follow for an installation similar
>> to mine?
>
> You could put the new context installation in a separate texmf dir which
> is searched before the old one. You can then go back to the old
> installation by removing or renaming the extra directory.
> Tetex is by default set up to search for files in $HOME/texmf before
> looking in the system-wide texmf directories. So, if you don't use this
> directory by now, you could take this location. Alternatively, define
> another one in texmf.cnf.

I have now upgraded using a procedure similar to the one suggested by
Eckhart. I will publish the steps I have taken to do this later but a
problem that has emerged is a greater fussiness with colors. Previously I
could specify \red near the end

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
This is \red red
\stoptext

doesn't work

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
This is {\red red}
\stoptext

does work

Of more concern is that

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuphead
    [section]
    [style={\ss\tfc\blue}]
\starttext
\section{introduction}
abc
\stoptext

or

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuphead
    [section]
    [style=\ss\tfc\blue]
\starttext
\section{introduction}
abc
\stoptext

do not work the second version used to work with the November 2001 release.
How do I now get a colored section head?

(I hope this is not because I have made an error in the upgrade)

TIA
--
Nigel

* Re: Context Upgrade color problems
@ 2002-07-25 10:14   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-25 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:25 AM 7/25/2002 +0100, Nigel King wrote:

>\setupcolors[state=start]
>\starttext
>This is \red red
>\stoptext
>
>doesn't work

right since color really needs grouping (in order to get resources done)

so {\red red} it is

also, for a whole doc: \setupcolors[textcolor=red]

>Of more concern is that
>
>\setupcolors[state=start]
>\setuphead
>     [section]
>     [style={\ss\tfc\blue}]
>\starttext
>\section{introduction}
>abc
>\stoptext

don't use style for that, use color=blue; when you can specify a style, you
can also specify a color

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Context Upgrade color problems
@ 2002-07-25 10:58     ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-07-25 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \setuphead
>>     [section]
>>     [style={\ss\tfc\blue}]
>> \starttext
>> \section{introduction}
>> abc
>> \stoptext
>
> don't use style for that, use color=blue; when you can specify a style, you
> can also specify a color

Thanks very much for that prompt response-it just got me out of an
embarrassing position wrt people who swear by Microsoft!!!
--
Nigel