* TrueType font styles suddenly not found anymore
@ 2021-07-23 10:35 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2021-07-23 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

My font setup is like this:

\startmode[OPTIMANOVA]
	\definefontfamily
		[bookfont]
		[ss]
		[Optima nova LT Pro]
		[tf=style:Regular,
		bf=style:Medium,
		it=style:Italic,
		bi=style:Medium Italic]
	\setupbodyfont[bookfont,10pt]
\stopmode
\startmode[OPTIMA]
	\definefontfamily
		[bookfont]
		[ss]
		[Optima]
		[tf=style:Regular,
		bf=style:Bold,
		it=style:Italic,
		bi=style:Bold Italic]
	\setupbodyfont[bookfont,10pt]
\stopmode

Now, both worked earlier today. But I’ve lost the old Optima font somehow. If I now try —mode=OPTIMA I get:

selectfont      > the requested font 'Optima' has no files for the 'tf' alternative, Latin Modern is used instead.

and the document is set in Latin Modern Sans Serif. Another OpenType Postscript font like Chaparral Pro works. Another TrueType like Century Gothic does not. I seem not to be able to load any TrueType font anymore.

I recall there being some way to rebuild a font cache of LMTX ConTeXt but I can’t find the instructions. Can someone enlighten me?

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>

* Re: TrueType font styles suddenly not found anymore
@ 2021-07-23 11:22 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-07-23 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben Wierda schrieb am 23.07.2021 um 12:35:

> My font setup is like this:
>
> [...]
>
> Now, both worked earlier today. But I’ve lost the old Optima font
> somehow. If I now try —mode=OPTIMA I get:
>
> selectfont      > the requested font 'Optima' has no files for the 'tf'
> alternative, Latin Modern is used instead.
>
> and the document is set in Latin Modern Sans Serif. Another OpenType
> Postscript font like Chaparral Pro works. Another TrueType like Century
> Gothic does not. I seem not to be able to load any TrueType font anymore.
>
> I recall there being some way to rebuild a font cache of LMTX ConTeXt
> but I can’t find the instructions. Can someone enlighten me?

Updating the font cache:

	mtxrun --script fonts --reload

or

	mtxrun --script fonts --reload --force

Listing all available fonts:

	mtxrun --script fonts --list --all optima*

Wolfgang

* Re: TrueType font styles suddenly not found anymore
@ 2021-07-23 12:15   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2021-07-23 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

That fixed it. Thanks.