Am 03.03.2012 um 14:43 schrieb Alan Bowen: > Excellent, Wolfgang. You are right. Many thanks. But if I may impose just a little longer on your patience, let me explain my problem further. > > In my example, that \page[makeup] to be removed stood for a key element in the sequence > \page[makeup] > \stoptext > \stopcomponent > that typically closes a component in the prd file that I use to produce volumes of a journal. Why do you use \stoptext before \stopcomponent? > Without \page[makeup], when I run my prd file, the page number of a component is appears on the last page of the preceding component. If I keep the \page[makeup], each component is followed by a blank page (with header) that precedes the title page of the new component. > > In short my example replicated what I was seeing but fixing the example does not fix the original problem. Is there a canonical way to close components in MKIV that I have missed? (This env/prd setup does work in MKII—I have 8 volumes to show for it.) Can you make a example or send me the files offlist. Wolfgang