* Re: Luatex 0.44.0 announcement
@ 2009-10-29  9:35 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-10-29  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 00:42, Michael Green wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2009, at 3:04 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Is there any Mac Tiger volunteer willing to test if binaries compiled
>> on Snow Leopard work on Tiger? (No binaries are in minimals yet; I
>> need some volunteer to test first.)
>
> I'm willing. I even think I'm able, assuming the testing isn't very
> extensive.

No, I just wanted to know if the binary works at all. I wanted to send
you the binary off-list first, but here it is instead:
    http://dl.contextgarden.net/misc/luatex
once you download it you need to execute
    chmod +x luatex
    ./luatex

All I want to know is if it works on Tiger, no extensive testing is needed.

Mojca

* Re: Luatex 0.44.0 announcement
@ 2009-10-29  9:56 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-10-29  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:35, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 00:42, Michael Green wrote:
>> On Oct 28, 2009, at 3:04 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any Mac Tiger volunteer willing to test if binaries compiled
>>> on Snow Leopard work on Tiger? (No binaries are in minimals yet; I
>>> need some volunteer to test first.)
>>
>> I'm willing. I even think I'm able, assuming the testing isn't very
>> extensive.
>
> No, I just wanted to know if the binary works at all. I wanted to send
> you the binary off-list first, but here it is instead:
>    http://dl.contextgarden.net/misc/luatex
> once you download it you need to execute
>    chmod +x luatex
>    ./luatex
>
> All I want to know is if it works on Tiger, no extensive testing is needed.

Sorry, I guess that I need to repeat the exercise. Can you please try just if
    http://dl.contextgarden.net/misc/hello
works. Luatex most probably won't work ... and I need to figure out
how to modify the building scripts. Apparently 10.6 compiles all the
binaries for 64-bit architecture by default despite the fact that it
claims to be i386.

Luatex building scripts would need to be modified, pdftex doesn't
cross-compile at all.

Mojca

* Jumping headers
@ 2009-10-29 14:01 ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-29 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I found another funny effect. Please look at the following example:

\setuplayout[header=\lineheight,headerdistance=\lineheight]
\setupinterlinespace[line=18pt]
\setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style={\tfx\setupinterlinespace
[line=2.8ex]}]
\setupheader[style=\tfxx] % strut=yes

\setupheadertexts[chapter][section] % try this
% \setupheadertexts[\setups{head}]  % or this

\startsetups[head]
   \framed
     [width=broad,strut=yes,height=\lineheight,framecolor=red]
     {\getmarking[chapter]\hfill\getmarking[section]}
\stopsetups

\starttext  \showstruts  \showframe[text]
\chapter{ÄÖÜy}  \section{ÄÖÜy}
\dorecurse{3}{%
   \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
   \startblockquote
     \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
   \stopblockquote}
\stoptext

Can you see the header jumping? What can one do to avoid this behavior?

Greetings,
	Andreas

* Re: Jumping headers
@ 2009-10-29 18:13   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-29 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Harder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found another funny effect. Please look at the following example:
>
> \setuplayout[header=\lineheight,headerdistance=\lineheight]
> \setupinterlinespace[line=18pt]
> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style={\tfx\setupinterlinespace[line=2.8ex]}]
>
> \setupheader[style=\tfxx] % strut=yes
>
> \setupheadertexts[chapter][section] % try this
> % \setupheadertexts[\setups{head}]  % or this
>
> \startsetups[head]
>   \framed
>     [width=broad,strut=yes,height=\lineheight,framecolor=red]
>     {\getmarking[chapter]\hfill\getmarking[section]}
> \stopsetups
>
> \starttext  \showstruts  \showframe[text]
> \chapter{ÄÖÜy}  \section{ÄÖÜy}
> \dorecurse{3}{%
>   \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
>   \startblockquote
>     \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
>   \stopblockquote}
> \stoptext
>
> Can you see the header jumping? What can one do to avoid this behavior?

kind of tricky ... i uploaded a beta where you can say:

\setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style={\tfx\switchtointerlinespace[line=2.8ex]}]

(analogue to \switchtobodyfont it is kind of local)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Jumping headers
@ 2009-10-29 21:24     ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-29 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.10.2009 um 19:13 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Andreas Harder wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I found another funny effect. Please look at the following example:
>> \setuplayout[header=\lineheight,headerdistance=\lineheight]
>> \setupinterlinespace[line=18pt]
>> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style={\tfx\setupinterlinespace
>> [line=2.8ex]}] \setupheader[style=\tfxx] % strut=yes
>> \setupheadertexts[chapter][section] % try this
>> % \setupheadertexts[\setups{head}]  % or this
>> \startsetups[head]
>>  \framed
>>    [width=broad,strut=yes,height=\lineheight,framecolor=red]
>>    {\getmarking[chapter]\hfill\getmarking[section]}
>> \stopsetups
>> \starttext  \showstruts  \showframe[text]
>> \chapter{ÄÖÜy}  \section{ÄÖÜy}
>> \dorecurse{3}{%
>>  \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
>>  \startblockquote
>>    \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
>>  \stopblockquote}
>> \stoptext
>> Can you see the header jumping? What can one do to avoid this
>> behavior?
>
> kind of tricky ... i uploaded a beta where you can say:
>
> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style={\tfx\switchtointerlinespace
> [line=2.8ex]}]
>
> (analogue to \switchtobodyfont it is kind of local)

Thank you Hans, looks much better now.

By the way, is grid typesetting still not working? If I try
\setupdelimitedtext
   [blockquote]
   [before=\startgridcorrection,
    after=\stopgridcorrection,
    style={\tfx\switchtointerlinespace[line=2.8ex]}]

the quote is alway kept on one page.

Greetings,
	Andreas

* Re: Jumping headers
@ 2009-10-29 21:36       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-10-29 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.10.2009 um 22:24 schrieb Andreas Harder:

> By the way, is grid typesetting still not working? If I try
> \setupdelimitedtext
>  [blockquote]
>  [before=\startgridcorrection,
>   after=\stopgridcorrection,
>   style={\tfx\switchtointerlinespace[line=2.8ex]}]
>
> the quote is alway kept on one page.

\start/\stopbaselinecorrection store the content in a unbreakable box
and the text will be always kept together, you can try

\setupdelimitedtext
   [blockquote]
   [before=\baselinecorrection,
    after=\baselinecorrection,
    style={\tfx\switchtointerlinespace[line=2.8ex]}]

Wolfgang

* Re: Jumping headers
@ 2009-10-29 21:42         ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-29 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \start/\stopbaselinecorrection store the content in a unbreakable box
> and the text will be always kept together, you can try
>
> \setupdelimitedtext
>  [blockquote]
>  [before=\baselinecorrection,
>   after=\baselinecorrection,
>   style={\tfx\switchtointerlinespace[line=2.8ex]}]

Thanks, but that kills the \switchtointerlinespace-setting.

Andreas