* Re: can't set simplified chinese font (Taco Hoekwater)
@ 2011-06-10  9:56 m00nlight
From: m00nlight @ 2011-06-10  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I make sure that  the Adobe Song Std.otf is in /usr/share/fonts/adobe

and OSFONTDIR is director to /usr/share/fonts/adboe

* Re: can't set simplified chinese font (Taco Hoekwater)
@ 2011-06-10 11:14 ` Li Yanrui (李延瑞)
From: Li Yanrui (李延瑞) @ 2011-06-10 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/6/10 m00nlight <dot_wangyushi@yeah.net>:

> Yes, I make sure that  the Adobe Song Std.otf is in /usr/share/fonts/adobe
> and OSFONTDIR is director to /usr/share/fonts/adboe

If you use "\definefont[song][name:adobesongstd]" to define a font you
can not get it. However "\definefont[song][adobesongstd]" can do it.
Maybe "name" keyword is skipped as default now.

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui (李延瑞)

* Re: can't set simplified chinese font (Taco Hoekwater)
@ 2011-06-10 11:20   ` Li Yanrui (李延瑞)
From: Li Yanrui (李延瑞) @ 2011-06-10 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/6/10 Li Yanrui (李延瑞) <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com>:
> 2011/6/10 m00nlight <dot_wangyushi@yeah.net>:
>>
>> Yes, I make sure that  the Adobe Song Std.otf is in /usr/share/fonts/adobe
>> and OSFONTDIR is director to /usr/share/fonts/adboe
>
> If you use "\definefont[song][name:adobesongstd]" to define a font you
> can not get it. However "\definefont[song][adobesongstd]" can do it.
> Maybe "name" keyword is skipped as default now.

Very strange. After using typescript to define fonts the "name"
keyword can work again in \definefont macro.

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui (李延瑞)

* Re: can't set simplified chinese font (Taco Hoekwater)
@ 2011-06-10 11:24     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-10 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.06.2011 um 13:20 schrieb Li Yanrui (李延瑞):

> Very strange. After using typescript to define fonts the "name"
> keyword can work again in \definefont macro.

Accessing a font by name requires a entry on the database while
access by file doesn’t need one. It’s possible \definefont doesn’t
force an automated update while typescripts do.

Wolfgang

* Re: can't set simplified chinese font (Taco Hoekwater)
@ 2011-06-10 11:50       ` Li Yanrui (李延瑞)
From: Li Yanrui (李延瑞) @ 2011-06-10 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/6/10 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> Am 10.06.2011 um 13:20 schrieb Li Yanrui (李延瑞):
>
>> Very strange. After using typescript to define fonts the "name"
>> keyword can work again in \definefont macro.
>
> Accessing a font by name requires a entry on the database while
> access by file doesn’t need one. It’s possible \definefont doesn’t
> force an automated update while typescripts do.

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I made a mistake. Now  I could not
reproduct the working example which has no "name" keyword even though
I cleaned texmf-cache directory.

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui (李延瑞)