* Re: writing the name of the section on all the pages
@ 2011-05-19 21:59 alexandre
From: alexandre @ 2011-05-19 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Marco

Thanks again,

it works very well. However I still have one question: is it possible to decide of the placement of the overlay and its alignment? With your example the section name is centered both horizontally and vertically. I'd like to flush it right at least.

Greetings,

Alex

webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl /
> http://tex.aanhet.net
wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: writing the name of the section on all the pages
@ 2011-05-20  6:20 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-05-20  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.05.2011 um 23:59 schrieb <alexandre@stdin.fr>:

> Thanks again,
>
> it works very well. However I still have one question: is it possible to decide of the placement of the overlay and its alignment? With your example the section name is centered both horizontally and vertically. I'd like to flush it right at least.

In many cases you can replace your overlay with a layer (\setlayer etc.) but in your case you can replace

\setupbackgrounds [state=repeat]
\defineoverlay [side] [{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}]
\setupbackgrounds [text] [rightmargin] [background=side]

with

\setuptexttexts [margin]
  [][\rightaligned{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}]
  [\leftaligned{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}][]

Wolfgang

* Re: writing the name of the section on all the pages
@ 2011-06-15 16:27   ` Julian Becker
From: Julian Becker @ 2011-06-15 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to skip these margin texts momentarily, e.g. on the first
page of a new chapter?

Julian

2011/5/20 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>

> Am 19.05.2011 um 23:59 schrieb <alexandre@stdin.fr>:
>
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > it works very well. However I still have one question: is it possible to
> decide of the placement of the overlay and its alignment? With your example
> the section name is centered both horizontally and vertically. I'd like to
> flush it right at least.
>
> In many cases you can replace your overlay with a layer (\setlayer etc.)
> but in your case you can replace
>
> \setupbackgrounds [state=repeat]
> \defineoverlay [side] [{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}]
> \setupbackgrounds [text] [rightmargin] [background=side]
>
> with
>
> \setuptexttexts [margin]
>  [][\rightaligned{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}]
>  [\leftaligned{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}][]
>
> Wolfgang

Julian Becker
Institut für Angewandte Physik, R.123
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Corrensstr. 2/4
48149 Münster / Westfalen
Tel. 0251 83-3 61 53
Mob. 0151 599 848 29
e-mail: j_beck16@uni-muenster.de

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for it is the wellspring of life."

* Re: writing the name of the section on all the pages
@ 2011-05-19 17:31     ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-05-19 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2011-05-19 17:12   ` Alexandre Leray
From: Alexandre Leray @ 2011-05-19 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Marco,

I'm probably missing a piece here has it doesn't produce anything
visible in my composition. I'm a newbie at context; could you detail a
little bit more how to implement this or is this snippet anything I'm
supposed to need?

Thanks,

Alex

On 19/05/11 18:58, Marco wrote:
>> how could I write the name of the current \section or \subject in the
>> outer margin, with a rotation of 90°?
>
> \setupbackgrounds [state=repeat]
> \defineoverlay [side]
>   [{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}]
> \setupbackgrounds [text] [rightmargin]
>   [background=side]
>
> Marco

<stdin>
Alexandre Leray
graphic and media design
http://stdin.fr/
+32 (0)4 85 27 76 08
Munthofstraat 27
1060 Bruxelles

* Re: writing the name of the section on all the pages
@ 2011-05-19 16:58 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-05-19 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2011-05-19 14:49 Alexandre Leray
From: Alexandre Leray @ 2011-05-19 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

how could I write the name of the current \section or \subject in the
outer margin, with a rotation of 90°?

Best,

Alex

--