* Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-15  6:41 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-04-15  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I started making a page about indent:
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/indent

Two problems. When using the following in context:
\setupindenting[yes,medium,next]

\starttext

\input knuth

\blank

\input knuth

\stoptext

The first paragraph after the blank is indented, but on the wiki it is not.

When using the following code:
\setupindenting[yes,medium,next]

\usemodule[fancybreak]

\definefancybreak[myblank][indentnext=no]

\starttext

\input knuth

\myblank

\input knuth

\stoptext

It compiles under ConTeXt without a problem, but on the wiki I get a
texexec error.

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-15 11:25 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-04-15 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.04.2011 um 08:41 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> It compiles under ConTeXt without a problem, but on the wiki I get a texexec error.

The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.

Wolfgang

* Re: Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-15 11:37   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-04-15 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/4/15 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
>> It compiles under ConTeXt without a problem, but on the wiki I get a texexec error.
>
> The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.

How can I only put the code on the wiki?

--

@ 2011-04-15 11:40     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-04-15 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.04.2011 um 13:37 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> 2011/4/15 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
>>> It compiles under ConTeXt without a problem, but on the wiki I get a texexec error.
>>
>> The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.
>
> How can I only put the code on the wiki?

You can write code for the source and the output where you use fancbreak
in the source (already written by you) and for the output you just write
“\blank\noindentation” to simulate the \myblank command.

Wolfgang

* Re: Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-15 12:05       ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-04-15 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.
>>
>> How can I only put the code on the wiki?
>
> You can write code for the source and the output where you use fancbreak
> in the source (already written by you) and for the output you just write
> “\blank\noindentation” to simulate the \myblank command.

Done.

--

@ 2011-04-15 16:56   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-04-15 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 13:25, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 15.04.2011 um 08:41 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
>
>> It compiles under ConTeXt without a problem, but on the wiki I get a texexec error.
>
> The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.

No, wiki is not using TeX Live, but it doesn't contain modules. (I'll
fix that on the new machine.)

Mojca

* Re: Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-15 17:06     ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-04-15 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/4/15 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 13:25, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Am 15.04.2011 um 08:41 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
>>
>>> It compiles under ConTeXt without a problem, but on the wiki I get a texexec error.
>>
>> The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.
>
> No, wiki is not using TeX Live, but it doesn't contain modules. (I'll
> fix that on the new machine.)

But it uses texexec (MKII) and not context (MKIV)? The results I get
are the same as using texexec, not context.

--

@ 2011-04-15 17:44       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-04-15 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> 2011/4/15 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 13:25, Wolfgang Schuster
>> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> The fancybreak is only shipped with the minimals but not with TeXLive which is AFAIR used by the wiki.
>>
>> No, wiki is not using TeX Live, but it doesn't contain modules. (I'll
>> fix that on the new machine.)
>
> But it uses texexec (MKII) and not context (MKIV)? The results I get
> are the same as using texexec, not context.

IIRC, there were some security concerns with MkIV:

    \ctxlua{os.execute("cat /etc/passwd")}

Aditya

* Re: Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-15 18:00         ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-04-15 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/4/15 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>> 2011/4/15 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:

>>> No, wiki is not using TeX Live, but it doesn't contain modules. (I'll
>>> fix that on the new machine.)
>>
>> But it uses texexec (MKII) and not context (MKIV)? The results I get
>> are the same as using texexec, not context.
>
> IIRC, there were some security concerns with MkIV:
>
>   \ctxlua{os.execute("cat /etc/passwd")}

If that is the only problem, you could use shadow passwords.

Would be a good idea to mention this. I personally would expect MKIV to be used.

--

@ 2011-04-15 18:10         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-04-15 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15-4-2011 7:44, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>> 2011/4/15 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:

>>> No, wiki is not using TeX Live, but it doesn't contain modules. (I'll
>>> fix that on the new machine.)
>>
>> But it uses texexec (MKII) and not context (MKIV)? The results I get
>> are the same as using texexec, not context.
>
> IIRC, there were some security concerns with MkIV:
>
> \ctxlua{os.execute("cat /etc/passwd")}

Althoug I admit that I tested it long ago (early days of mkiv) there is
some control built in:

system.executionmode
system.executionlist

the mode can be set "none" or "list" an in the later case you need to
mention the permitted programs. There are also some options for reading
files.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-04-16 17:35 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-04-16 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> I started making a page about indent:
>    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/indent

There is already a page at:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Indentation

I added explanation about first, next, odd, even options. I am not sute
that the comments about blank and flowchart should go on the page on
indentation. I think that they belong on a wiki page on blanks and
flowchart respectively.

Aditya

* Re: Some problems creating a wiki page
@ 2011-04-16 17:45   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-04-16 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/4/16 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>> I started making a page about indent:
>>   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/indent
>
> There is already a page at:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Indentation

I did not know that.

> I added explanation about first, next, odd, even options. I am not sute that
> the comments about blank and flowchart should go on the page on indentation.
> I think that they belong on a wiki page on blanks and flowchart
> respectively.

I think they need to be there, because this where problems I
encountered when I wanted to use indentation. ;-}

With MKII there is no problem with blanks.

--
Cecil Westerhof