* PDF Viewer Navigation Tree
@ 2011-06-15 23:51 Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2011-06-15 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hey folks,

I'm not sure where to be looking, as this may well be a feature already
implemented in ConTeXt or its lower level dependencies. I couldn't find
anything in the mailing archives, nor in the reference manual or wiki.

In my PDF viewer Evince, I have a navigation tree in the side bar that
allows me quick access to various parts of some PDF documents. When I
was using Texinfo, this was generated automatically for each @chapter /
@section / @subsection / etc when the PDF was being written out. I
noticed this doesn't appear to happen automatically with ConTeXt.

How does one go about doing the same in ConTeXt?

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred

* Re: PDF Viewer Navigation Tree
@ 2011-06-15 23:54 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-15 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Kip Warner <kip@thevertigo.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm not sure where to be looking, as this may well be a feature already
> implemented in ConTeXt or its lower level dependencies. I couldn't find
> anything in the mailing archives, nor in the reference manual or wiki.
>
> In my PDF viewer Evince, I have a navigation tree in the side bar that
> allows me quick access to various parts of some PDF documents. When I
> was using Texinfo, this was generated automatically for each @chapter /
> @section / @subsection / etc when the PDF was being written out. I
> noticed this doesn't appear to happen automatically with ConTeXt.
>
> How does one go about doing the same in ConTeXt?
pdfbookmarks ?
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Bookmarks_and_Headers
--
luigi

* Re: PDF Viewer Navigation Tree
@ 2011-06-16  7:55 ` Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2011-06-16  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Kip Warner wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm not sure where to be looking, as this may well be a feature already
> implemented in ConTeXt or its lower level dependencies. I couldn't find
> anything in the mailing archives, nor in the reference manual or wiki.
>
> In my PDF viewer Evince, I have a navigation tree in the side bar that
> allows me quick access to various parts of some PDF documents. When I
> was using Texinfo, this was generated automatically for each @chapter /
> @section / @subsection / etc when the PDF was being written out. I
> noticed this doesn't appear to happen automatically with ConTeXt.
>
> How does one go about doing the same in ConTeXt?

Try \setupinteraction[state=start].

* Re: PDF Viewer Navigation Tree
@ 2011-06-18  1:43   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2011-06-18  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

luigi scarso <luigi.scarso <at> gmail.com> writes:
> pdfbookmarks ?
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Bookmarks_and_Headers

Hey Luigi. The sample code in the link you gave me works fine if I compile it.
If I put it in my own book, should the adjusted code be in the environment,
project, or product file? I have only one project / product.

Kip

* Re: PDF Viewer Navigation Tree
@ 2011-06-18  4:18     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-18  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.06.2011 um 03:43 schrieb Kip Warner:

> luigi scarso <luigi.scarso <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> pdfbookmarks ?
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Bookmarks_and_Headers
>
> Hey Luigi. The sample code in the link you gave me works fine if I compile it.
> If I put it in my own book, should the adjusted code be in the environment,
> project, or product file? I have only one project / product.

When you use a environment file put all setups in it. When you have only
one product you don’t need a project file because you can load the environment
file from the product and component files.

Wolfgang

* Re: PDF Viewer Navigation Tree
@ 2011-06-18 21:22       ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2011-06-18 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)