* non-unicode glyphs in ttf fonts
@ 2011-06-21  8:03 Stef Schoonderwoerd
From: Stef Schoonderwoerd @ 2011-06-21  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

My last question concerning feature files has been resolved, my
feature files now work fine. But there is one problem that still
remains. The standard ligatures in the font I use (Andron Mega Corpus)
work fine when approached by name in the feature file (some of them
are in the PUA here); However, other ligatures, notably Th, do not
work in stable nor beta. When I run context mkiv and it calls on e.g.
the Th ligature, i get "!LuaTeX error (file:(...)): Invalid glyph
index (gid ...). I tested it on palatino linotype which does the same.
Interestingly, the gid that luatex says is invalid is always the one
after the last glyph in the font (For palatino linotype, 1328; for
Andron Mega Corpus, 5486). In Andron Mega Corpus, I furthermore tested
all the ligatures that had a unicode codepoint (PUA) and they all work
when referenced by name. All those that do not, however, fail to work.
What is going on here?
Working on Mac OS X 10.6.7, btw. Some help is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,

Stef Schoonderwoerd

* Re: non-unicode glyphs in ttf fonts
@ 2011-06-21  8:15 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <BANLkTikvrRZYVaA+8D3VNt8vfytiUAMKpQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-21  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21-6-2011 10:03, Stef Schoonderwoerd wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My last question concerning feature files has been resolved, my
> feature files now work fine. But there is one problem that still
> remains. The standard ligatures in the font I use (Andron Mega Corpus)
> work fine when approached by name in the feature file (some of them
> are in the PUA here); However, other ligatures, notably Th, do not
> work in stable nor beta. When I run context mkiv and it calls on e.g.
> the Th ligature, i get "!LuaTeX error (file:(...)): Invalid glyph
> index (gid ...). I tested it on palatino linotype which does the same.
> Interestingly, the gid that luatex says is invalid is always the one
> after the last glyph in the font (For palatino linotype, 1328; for
> Andron Mega Corpus, 5486). In Andron Mega Corpus, I furthermore tested
> all the ligatures that had a unicode codepoint (PUA) and they all work
> when referenced by name. All those that do not, however, fail to work.
> What is going on here?
> Working on Mac OS X 10.6.7, btw. Some help is greatly appreciated.
> Kind regards,

We (Taco and I) need a test file + font in order to figure out if this
is an engine of lua code bug.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-06-21 11:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-21 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21-6-2011 12:16, Stef Schoonderwoerd wrote:
> I made a minimal testing file for this case, and tested again. For
> Palatino Linotype it seems that most (all?) ligatures in fact do not
> work, but I don't get why..
> Included are all the files I used for testing.

as there is no f_b you get an error

sub f b by f_b.liga ;

works for me

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-06-21 11:34       ` Stef Schoonderwoerd
From: Stef Schoonderwoerd @ 2011-06-21 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I guess it is a naming error, though I got the names from Fontlab
Studio.. When I opened the font in fontforge instead and got the names
from there everything just worked.
Thanks!