* Installing new fonts ..
@ 2004-08-12 11:21 Dirar Bougatef
From: Dirar Bougatef @ 2004-08-12 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just downoaded a new font from with .afm and .pfb files. I have started installing it but have some problems.

This is the message i get:

Context>texfont --ve=Rubicon --co=OpulentDemo-Normal --ma --in
Kpathsea released!

 TeXFont 1.8 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2003

mktexlsr: Updating c:/PROGRA~1/TeXLive/TEXMF-~2/ls-R...
mktexlsr: your `ls-R' database files have been modified
while kpathsea Dll was loaded by other programs.
It is recommended that you terminate all of them.
in order to reinitialize the shared databases.
mktexlsr: Done.
       encoding vector : ec
           vendor name : rubicon
           source path : .
       font collection : opulentdemo-normal
       texmf font root : c:/progra~1/texlive/texmf-~2
       pdftex map file : ec-rubicon-opulentdemo-normal.map
           source path : .
      processing files : all on afm path
    locating afm files : using pattern *
         copying files : afm
               copying : OPD_____.AFM
         copying files : pfb
               copying : OPD_____.PFB
    extending map file : c:/PROGRA~1/TeXLive/TEXMF-~2/pdftex/config/ec-rubicon-opulentdemo-normal.map

       font identifier : OpulentDemo-Normal -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : ec-raw-OPD (from OPD)
! need at most two non-option arguments
     generating new vf : ec-OPD (from ec-raw-OPD)
vptovf.exe: ec-raw-OPD.vpl: No such file or directory
     updating map file : ec-rubicon-opulentdemo-normal.map

            generating : ls-r databases

mktexlsr: Updating c:/PROGRA~1/TeXLive/TEXMF-~2/ls-R...
mktexlsr: your `ls-R' database files have been modified
while kpathsea Dll was loaded by other programs.
It is recommended that you terminate all of them.
in order to reinitialize the shared databases.
mktexlsr: Done.

In another way i can't get to generate the .tfm files.

Can anyone help ?

D.

P.S. I have tried both ec and ansi encodings.

* Re: Installing new fonts ..
@ 2004-08-18 22:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-18 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar Bougatef wrote:

... was this problem solved (we now have texfont 2.2 btw)

> */Hi,/*
> *//*
> */I've just downoaded a new font from with afm and .pfb files. I have
> started installing it but have some problems./*
> *//*
> */This is the message i get:/*
>
> Context>texfont --ve=Rubicon --co=OpulentDemo-Normal --ma --in
> Kpathsea released!
>
>  TeXFont 1.8 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2003
>
> mktexlsr: Updating c:/PROGRA~1/TeXLive/TEXMF-~2/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: your `ls-R' database files have been modified
> while kpathsea Dll was loaded by other programs.
> It is recommended that you terminate all of them.
> in order to reinitialize the shared databases.
> mktexlsr: Done.
>        encoding vector : ec
>            vendor name : rubicon
>            source path : .
>        font collection : opulentdemo-normal
>        texmf font root : c:/progra~1/texlive/texmf-~2
>        pdftex map file : ec-rubicon-opulentdemo-normal.map
>            source path : .
>       processing files : all on afm path
>     locating afm files : using pattern *
>          copying files : afm
>                copying : OPD_____.AFM
>          copying files : pfb
>                copying : OPD_____.PFB
>     extending map file :
> c:/PROGRA~1/TeXLive/TEXMF-~2/pdftex/config/ec-rubicon-opulentdemo-normal.map
>
>        font identifier : OpulentDemo-Normal -> text -> tfm + vf
> generating raw tfm/vpl : ec-raw-OPD (from OPD)
> ! need at most two non-option arguments
>      generating new vf : ec-OPD (from ec-raw-OPD)
> vptovf.exe: ec-raw-OPD.vpl: No such file or directory
>      updating map file : ec-rubicon-opulentdemo-normal.map
>
>             generating : ls-r databases
>
> mktexlsr: Updating c:/PROGRA~1/TeXLive/TEXMF-~2/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: your `ls-R' database files have been modified
> while kpathsea Dll was loaded by other programs.
> It is recommended that you terminate all of them.
> in order to reinitialize the shared databases.
> mktexlsr: Done.
>
> */In another way i can't get to generate the tfm files./*
> *//*
> */Can anyone help ?/*
> *//*
> */D./*
> *//*
> */P.S. I have tried both ec and ansi encodings./*

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Installing new fonts ..
@ 2004-08-23  8:33 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-08-23  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Dirar Bougatef wrote:

> */I've just downoaded a new font from with afm and .pfb files. I have
> started installing it but have some problems./*

Before installing your font i would suggest that youcreate tfm files
with the executable afm2tfm.

Please refer to the the following site:

http://contextgarden.net/Fonts, Bill McClains page contains many clues
how to install a font.