* spanish user
@ 2006-08-11 12:42 Horacio Suarez
From: Horacio Suarez @ 2006-08-11 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I´m new in this list and using Context.

I make books for a small edit shop in Buenos Aires, Argentina specialized in
Antropology.

I used to work with Ventura publisher in windows, then I decided to use
linux/latex, and after a few books using latex, i´m trying to use Context
because I think it´s better.

Anyway, it´s dificult for me.

Now, I need help in this:

In latex, I use this command:

\renewcommand{\contentsname}{Índice}
\renewcommand{\chapter}{Capitulo}

to obtain the names of the parts of the book in spanish. I only need in
spanish Bobliography and Índice (Content).

How can I obtain the same in Context?

Thankyou very mach.

* Re: spanish user
@ 2006-08-11 12:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-11 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Horacio Suarez wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I�m new in this list and using Context.
>
> I make books for a small edit shop in Buenos Aires, Argentina
> specialized in Antropology.
>
> I used to work with Ventura publisher in windows, then I decided to
> use linux/latex, and after a few books using latex, i�m trying to use
> Context because I think it�s better.
>
> Anyway, it�s dificult for me.
>
> Now, I need help in this:
>
> In latex, I use this command:
>
> \renewcommand{\contentsname}{�ndice}
> \renewcommand{\chapter}{Capitulo}
>
> to obtain the names of the parts of the book in spanish. I only need
> in spanish Bobliography and �ndice (Content).
>
> How can I obtain the same in Context?
\mainlanguage[es]

\setupheadtext [es] [content=\'Indice]
\setupheadtext [es] [chapter=Capitulo]

or

\setupheadtext
  [es]
  [content=\'Indice,
   chapter=Capitulo]

see lang-ita.tex and grep for !es

you can overload headtexts and labeltexts if needed

Hans

* Re: spanish user
@ 2006-08-11 13:07 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2006-08-11 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Horacio Suarez wrote:
> Now, I need help in this:
> In latex, I use this command:
> \renewcommand{\contentsname}{Índice}
> \renewcommand{\chapter}{Capitulo}
>
> to obtain the names of the parts of the book in spanish. I only need
> in spanish Bobliography and Índice (Content).
>
> How can I obtain the same in Context?
Hmm, in principle you should have already got Índice, at least if you
used \mainlanguage[es].

For chapter, try:  \setuplabeltext[es] [chapter=Capitulo ] % with space.

By the way at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ one finds several useful tips.

If you don't know them, the Beginner's manual,
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mp-cb-en.pdf , and
"The manual", http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/cont-enp.pdf ,
are worthwhile to read.

Tobias