* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-17  1:52 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-17  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have installed Texlive8 (Not sure wether it is the latest one. I have used
TeXSetup.exe).

Am using rsync as you mentioned, but seems like it does not work, this is
what i get:

C:\>rsync2.5.1-dev -r -v www.pragma-pod.com::mswin mytex
receiving file list ...

Do i need a user account to do this .. ?

Which version of rsync do you use ?

Many thanks.

Dirar.

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-16 23:57 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-16 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am wiling to do so, but i see that Texlive hasn't changed since 2003, and
this is already the version i have installed 2 months ago.

Is there a fresher version and does anyone knows the date where Texlive
structure changed.

Many thanks.

Dirar.

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 17:14 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-15 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the rsync stuff, i have started looking at it.

I first need to know how things work in their basic way. I don't understand
why my update didn't work as i did everything the way i was asked.

And now, Pdftex doesn't find my fonts anymore :)

It is turning to a nightmare.

Is all of this because of the new way Texlive works now ?

http://toolbar.msn.com/

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 15:12 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-15 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Looks like am never going to get out of my installation problems without
getting the write way to do it.

Back to Bill's mc clain method, i have done the equivalent of this in XP:

mv cont-tmf.zip /usr/TeX/texmf
cd /usr/TeX/texmf
rm tex/context/base/*        # safer to clean out old files first
rm metapost/context/base/*   # ...also remove metafun files
rm metapost/context/*.mp     # ...and any from an obsolete version
unzip -a -L -o cont-tmf.zip  # overwrites existing files

# Edit texexec.ini afterwards?
cp context/config/texexec.rme context/config/texexec.ini

# Edit cont-sys.tex afterwards? Specifically: uncomment the line:
#
#   \autoloadmapfilestrue
#
# For Metapost use, make sure these lines are uncommented:
#
#   \runMPgraphicstrue
#   \runMPTEXgraphicstrue
#   \useMETAFUNformattrue
cp tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex

#
# Edit /usr/TeX/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and ensure that "shell_escape = t".
This
# is what TeX people somewhat obscurely call "write18 enabled".
#

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux # root doesn't have this on my
system

texhash
texexec --make en  # en = english
texexec --make --alone metafun
mv metafun.mem /usr/TeX/texmf-var/web2c/metafun.mem
texhash

exit # from "su root"

Now, nothing changed within my context version, still ConTeXt  ver:
2003.9.25  fmt: 2004.8.17  int: english  mes: english.

When i use a straight file (e.g AllInOneFile.tex) without the project
structure another version of Context is used: ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.06  fmt:
2004.11.15  int: english  mes: english

Things stay the same wether i use the --pdf option or not.

Many thanks :)

Dirar.

* A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 10:51 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-15 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have tried the document project on the cont-enp.pdf and am getting this
error:

>texexec --pdf documents

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : documents
                output : pdftex
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11b-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
%&-line parsing enabled.
(c:/TeXLive/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./documents.tex{c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.9.25  fmt: 2004.8.17  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system         : cont-new loaded
(c:/TeXLive/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
! Undefined control sequence.
\@@toks ->\everymathematics

\dodoappendtoks ->\dodoglobal \@@toks
                                      \@EAEAEA {\@EA \the \@EA \@@toks \the