* \setMPtext value
@ 2003-06-01  8:09 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-06-01  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

MetaFun experts,
In my document I want to automatically set a reference on the front cover
The following line puts the value of nkdocument@Reference into the document

\getvalue{nkdocument@Reference}

But
\setMPtext{FrontCover}{\getvalue{nkdocument@Reference}}
Does not put the value into

\MPbetex{FrontCover}
What do you think I am doing wrong

TIA
--
Nigel King CTO Orthogon Systems

The information contained within this e-mail, and any files transmitted with
it, is confidential and is intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  Any unauthorised dissemination or copying of this
message or its attachments, and any use or disclosure of any information
contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please telephone +44 (0)1364 655500, and
delete it from your system.

* Re: \setMPtext value
@ 2003-06-01 17:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-06-01 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:09 01/06/2003 +0100, Nigel King wrote:
>MetaFun experts,
>In my document I want to automatically set a reference on the front cover
>The following line puts the value of nkdocument@Reference into the document
>
>\getvalue{nkdocument@Reference}
>
>But
>\setMPtext{FrontCover}{\getvalue{nkdocument@Reference}}
>Does not put the value into
>
>\MPbetex{FrontCover}
>What do you think I am doing wrong
>
>TIA
>--
>Nigel King CTO Orthogon Systems
>
>The information contained within this e-mail, and any files transmitted with
>it, is confidential and is intended solely for the individual or entity to

this is because context keeps your text confidential -)

   \expanded{\setMPtext{...}{\getvalue{...}}}

will give you a for-your-eyes only copy

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \setMPtext value
@ 2003-06-02 13:53   ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-06-02 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> this is because context keeps your text confidential -)
>
>  \expanded{\setMPtext{...}{\getvalue{...}}}
>
> will give you a for-your-eyes only copy
>
> Hans

Confidentially it works like a dream
Thanks