* Printing ConTeXt macro files.
@ 2003-06-16 17:32 Pierre VINET
From: Pierre VINET @ 2003-06-16 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

ConTeXt's macro files are well documented but not easily readable as is.

Is there a way to translate them to TeX for printing ?

(as does mftmac with metafont files, ltxdoc class in LaTeX or webmac with
web listings, etc.)

Thanks,

-- pv

* Re: Printing ConTeXt macro files.
@ 2003-06-16 18:46 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-06-16 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
> ConTeXt's macro files are well documented but not easily readable as is.
>
> Is there a way to translate them to TeX for printing ?

You can use texexec to prepare printable output of modules.

e.g.   texexec --moduule --mode=color --pdf  macro-file.tex

It may be necessary to have the Dutch interface.

Willi

* Re: Printing ConTeXt macro files.
@ 2003-06-16 19:26 ` Sebastian Rooks
From: Sebastian Rooks @ 2003-06-16 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
texexec --module --pdf mymodule.(tex|pl|mp)
may be what you are looking for.
Try texexec --help if you have not try it yet.

    Seb.

@ 2003-06-17  8:34   ` Pierre VINET
From: Pierre VINET @ 2003-06-17  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

 I can not use "texexec" for the moment.

 Can I acheive the same task of --module in

> texexec --module --pdf mymodule.(tex|pl|mp)

 with a macro instruction in a TeX file ?

@ 2003-06-17 10:25     ` sebastian.rooks
From: sebastian.rooks @ 2003-06-17 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

En réponse à Pierre VINET <vinp@globetrotter.net>:

Hi,
>  I can not use "texexec" for the moment.
What a pitty!

>  Can I acheive the same task of --module in
> > texexec --module --pdf mymodule.(tex|pl|mp)
>  with a macro instruction in a TeX file ?

There is the pretty printing feature of ConTeXt.
See (maybe a little bit old now ?):
http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context/msg00626.html

and the verb-*.tex files.

But you will loose the comments, since it is texutil.pl (used by texexec.pl)
which does change the input file to include the comments before pretty printing.

My two euro cents,

 Seb.

* Re: Printing ConTeXt macro files.
@ 2003-06-17 12:03       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-06-17 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:25 17/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>En réponse à Pierre VINET <vinp@globetrotter.net>:
>
>Hi,
> >  I can not use "texexec" for the moment.
>What a pitty!

in a couple of weeks i will install a 'submit file and run file' feature at
the website, and can add a pretty print engine as well

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Printing ConTeXt macro files.
@ 2003-06-17 18:27         ` Pierre VINET
From: Pierre VINET @ 2003-06-17 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to Seb, I discovered the ntg-context list's archives at
http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html
and found my way to "pretty printing" with
\definetyping[niceTEX][option=TEX,palet=graypretty].

>>> I can not use "texexec" for the moment.
>> What a pitty!
> in a couple of weeks i will install a 'submit file and run file' feature at
> the website, and can add a pretty print engine as well
>
> Hans

Well, it gives me less than a couple of weeks to learn Perl !

 --pv