* Referencing another document
@ 2003-08-01 15:30 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-08-01 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guys,
I have been searching for how to specify another document (.pdf) to open
from the source document. The only method I have found is using \useURL etc.
which bring up the web browser as an intermediate step. Please con somebody
direct me to the correct method.

TIA
--
Nigel

* Re: Referencing another document
@ 2003-08-01 15:57 ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2003-08-01 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

This example is from the beginner's manual, page 86.

\useexternaldocument[hia][hasbook][Hasselt in August]

Most tourist attractions are described in \from[hia]. A description
of the Eui||feest is found in \from[hia::euifeest]. A description of
the \goto{Eui||feest}[hia::euifeest] is found in \from[hia]. The
eui||feest is described on \at{page}[hia::euifeest] in \from[hia].
See for more information \in{chapter}[hia::euifeest] in \from[hia].

@ 2003-08-01 16:59   ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-08-01 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

David,
Thank you very much, I thought I had got beyond the beginner's manual but
obviously I haven't......

@ 2003-08-01 17:09     ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2003-08-01 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nigel,

Nah, I just happened to have read it recently for the umpteenth time and
knew where to look.

@ 2003-08-01 17:37       ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-08-01 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another question on the same subject. One of my referenced documents is not
pdf but actually an Excel Spreadsheet. Is there any way that can be opened
automatically in Excel?

@ 2003-08-02  1:31         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-08-02  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 18:37 01/08/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Another question on the same subject. One of my referenced documents is not
>pdf but actually an Excel Spreadsheet. Is there any way that can be opened
>automatically in Excel?

(1) \goto{spread your sheets}[program(whatever.xls)]

(2) embed it as attachment (see mail archive)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Referencing another document
@ 2003-08-05  7:18           ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-08-05  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Another question on the same subject. One of my referenced documents is not
>> pdf but actually an Excel Spreadsheet. Is there any way that can be opened
>> automatically in Excel?
>
> (1) \goto{spread your sheets}[program(whatever.xls)]
>
> (2) embed it as attachment (see mail archive)

Works like a dream

Thanks
--
Nigel