All, My source (section5figs.tex) compiles and produces section5figs- mpgraph.14 without error message. But when I try to compile junk.xml with: texexec --pdf --use=fig-make --mode=letter junk.xml I get this error: (./junk.xml) ! Too many }'s. \processXMLfilegrouped ...ifmmode \else \par \fi } l.343 \processXMLfilegrouped{\jobfilename.xml} ? I checked that section5figs-mpgraph.14 compile with mptopdf. This is the first time I've experienced any difficulty with the figure library. Any ideas or suggestions?